GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
droopy
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Re: GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by droopy »

bobbyhawks wrote: Side note - I thought it was a shame last night that Abdullah was flagged for prayer in the end zone. It was a pretty big misstep by the announcers as well to not put two and two together and point out that he was clearly making a symbolic gesture based on his religious beliefs, ala every other player in the NFL. I hope the NFL re-trains its officials regarding things like that. Finally, that rule is the dumbest rule of all time. A guy can dance the Can-Can across the end-zone, but he technically can't pump his fist after being tackled.
I was surprised the commentators didn't handle it better at the time too. NFL is at least addressing it after the fact:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/01/sport ... .html?_r=0
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

bobbyhawks wrote:
brewcrew1000 wrote:I think the Chiefs should wear the red pants every home game, i love the way it looks.
They are sharp looking. I did not give us much of a shot at winning last night, but that was a terrific all-around team effort. Great coaching also. I'm very impressed by the organization's reaction to the rough start, and they have handled the injury problems well.

Side note - I thought it was a shame last night that Abdullah was flagged for prayer in the end zone. It was a pretty big misstep by the announcers as well to not put two and two together and point out that he was clearly making a symbolic gesture based on his religious beliefs, ala every other player in the NFL. I hope the NFL re-trains its officials regarding things like that. Finally, that rule is the dumbest rule of all time. A guy can dance the Can-Can across the end-zone, but he technically can't pump his fist after being tackled.
He said he was flagged for the slide before the prayer. Was told he would have been fine if he just knelt down and prostrated.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

shinatoo wrote:
bobbyhawks wrote:
brewcrew1000 wrote:I think the Chiefs should wear the red pants every home game, i love the way it looks.
They are sharp looking. I did not give us much of a shot at winning last night, but that was a terrific all-around team effort. Great coaching also. I'm very impressed by the organization's reaction to the rough start, and they have handled the injury problems well.

Side note - I thought it was a shame last night that Abdullah was flagged for prayer in the end zone. It was a pretty big misstep by the announcers as well to not put two and two together and point out that he was clearly making a symbolic gesture based on his religious beliefs, ala every other player in the NFL. I hope the NFL re-trains its officials regarding things like that. Finally, that rule is the dumbest rule of all time. A guy can dance the Can-Can across the end-zone, but he technically can't pump his fist after being tackled.
He said he was flagged for the slide before the prayer. Was told he would have been fine if he just knelt down and prostrated.
I kinda feel like that was the revisionist rationale after they realized they pulled a flag on a Muslim making such a gesture. Still, Abdullah and Coach Reid were both very classy in their succinct comments. The official response from the NFL seems to be that he shouldn't have been flagged at all.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

I would not have been surprised if you'd have told me before the season started that the score of last night's game would be 41-14, but I would have laughed in your face if you suggested the Chiefs had won.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

mean wrote:I would not have been surprised if you'd have told me before the season started that the score of last night's game would be 41-14, but I would have laughed in your face if you suggested the Chiefs had won.
And that is even before the game 1 fiasco.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Are these losers still playing? Call me when they win a playoff game like EVERY OTHER TEAM IN KANSAS CITY HAS DONE THIS YEAR.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Chiefs will play the Lions in London next year.

I don't know if its related, but the NFL recently said if you want to host the Super Bowl, you have to give up a home game to go to London.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

Will it be a home game for the Chiefs?
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

aknowledgeableperson wrote:Will it be a home game for the Chiefs?
Yep. We'll tailgate with fish and chips.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Hmm, London you say?
Unknown JimmyD
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Unknown JimmyD »

solid victory today over seattle with a couple of quality 4th down stops. jamaal was gashing their defense all day. he averaged 8yds/run.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Maybe Andy Reid is a pretty good coach.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Maybe, but he's not a top-5 coach. At least that was Lake and Bink's postgame consensus.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

Curious. Who are the top 5 coaches?
cknab1
Ambassador

Post by cknab1 »

The ones with the top 5 Quarterbacks.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

I don't recall whether they nailed down what they considered the top five. Belichick and Carroll are the only two I can think of that they seemed 100% on. The name Harbaugh came up too, but I'm not sure whether it was just one of them or both. I don't think they mentioned Tom Coughlin, which I thought was a little surprising since unless I'm mistaken he's the only other current coach besides Belichick who has won multiple SBs with their current team.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Typical turd birds.
macnw
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by macnw »

Typical reaction from a fan. Jesus, I thought we got that shit out after the Royals. Oh wait, they only made it to the WS. Now that it's football season, do we have to listen to the bitchfest for the whole season? They got beat by the Raiders. Big surprise.
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

Whoops, I forgot. Happy posts only, guys!
macnw
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by macnw »

No. Just less bitching. The Raiders always play the Chiefs tough(regardless of their record) Statistically(HA!) the Raiders were bound for a win, 15 losses in a row? They were going to beat someone, just happened to be the Chiefs. Tough it out. Maybe this will motivate the Chiefs to put up a better effort against Denver.