2010 Chiefs

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

2010 Chiefs

Post by KCMax »

Chiefs 2010 Schedule Looks Easier, Less Blackout Friendly
Home: Denver, Oakland, San Diego, Arizona, Buffalo, Jacksonville, San Francisco, Tennessee

Away: Denver, Oakland, San Diego, Cleveland, Houston, Indianapolis, St. Louis, Seattle
Last edited by KCMax on Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: 2009 Chiefs

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Always hard to know who will be good a year out but that schedule does look pretty promissing.  Hard to picture more than one or two of those several chumps turning things around significantly. 
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

KC is the way to be!
KCRoyal
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCRoyal »

KC Star is reporting that Charlie Weis will be hired to be the Chiefs' new Offensive Coordinator.

http://www.kansascity.com/669/story/1668078.html
TheSmokinPun
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by TheSmokinPun »

KCRoyal wrote: KC Star is reporting that Charlie Weis will be hired to be the Chiefs' new Offensive Coordinator.

http://www.kansascity.com/669/story/1668078.html
All the buffets that were worried when Mangino left are letting out a sigh of relief.

It's too bad that Haley will have him fired by at least the 2nd week of the preseason.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Romeo Crennel has supposedly agreed to join the Chiefs as Defensive Coordinator.

im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

KCMax wrote: Romeo Crennel has supposedly agreed to join the Chiefs as Defensive Coordinator.
Just what we need, a cast of failed Collegiate and Professional head coaches to go along with our absurd off season moves.  Clearly a shot across the Royals bow.  I'm projecting 4-12 this year, if our coordinators make it through the entire season. 2-14 if not.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

im2kull wrote: Just what we need, a cast of failed Collegiate and Professional head coaches to go along with our absurd off season moves.  Clearly a shot across the Royals bow.  I'm projecting 4-12 this year, if our coordinators make it through the entire season. 2-14 if not.
Many failures as head coaches are excellent coordinators. The Steelers won a Super Bowl with Dick Lebeau, former head coach of the Bungles as their defensive coordinator. Maybe Crennel and Weis are excellent coordinators and just shitty head coaches?

mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Impossible. Those SB rings are frauds.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

That is what im2kull does...criticize everything and provide nothing.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
jdubwaldo
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by jdubwaldo »

As my friend's facebook status says....  "looks like the Chiefs just need to win 3 super bowls in 4 years, and their transition into the New England Patriots will be complete"  Works for me, if it works.  I'm in no means a fairweather sports fan.  Yet it is hard to spend $ and 10 days of my life per at Arrowhead watching the dribble that has been put together on the field the last couple years.

Even with the great win at Denver to round out an otherwise miserable season, I think season ticket #s are going to really go in the crapper next year.  I hope I'm utterly wrong, but it will be interesting to see how that all shakes out.  Hopefully some new personnel will have some people still hanging onto hope.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

NDTeve wrote: That is what im2kull does...criticize everything and provide nothing.
Nah..I believe that they're good pick ups..I'm just weary over having someone else's trash on our team.  Not saying that they wont succeed here, but I won't be surprised if they don't make it through the season before taking the boot for Pioli's poor personnel decisions.  Hince my whole:
im2kull wrote: I'm projecting 4-12 this year, if our coordinators make it through the entire season. 2-14 if not.
Comprende?
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

KCMax wrote: Many failures as head coaches are excellent coordinators. The Steelers won a Super Bowl with Dick Lebeau, former head coach of the Bungles as their defensive coordinator. Maybe Crennel and Weis are excellent coordinators and just shitty head coaches?
Just to make this clear, I completely agree with you on this one.  I just tend to see these moves as setting the stage for future moves that will make much less sense while trying to "Build" a winning team (Aka..I see Haley being OUT, and if he's not..then I see one of our new Coord's taking the fall..for Pioli's incompetence and failure to draft, or sign GOOD additions to this team).
THINK (ONE) KC.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

jdubwaldo wrote:Even with the great win at Denver to round out an otherwise miserable season, I think season ticket #s are going to really go in the crapper next year.  I hope I'm utterly wrong, but it will be interesting to see how that all shakes out.  Hopefully some new personnel will have some people still hanging onto hope.
Maybe, but I doubt it. Seems most of the fanbase is pretty pumped with the hirings of Weis And Crennel. That alone may not be enough to spur a great deal of season ticket sales, but if the Chiefs come out and win even a few of their first several games of 2010 I think people will start packing Arrowhead again. People want to believe, but you have to give them at least SOME reason to.
im2kull wrote:Just to make this clear, I completely agree with you on this one.  I just tend to see these moves as setting the stage for future moves that will make much less sense while trying to "Build" a winning team (Aka..I see Haley being OUT, and if he's not..then I see one of our new Coord's taking the fall..for Pioli's incompetence and failure to draft, or sign GOOD additions to this team).
I suspect that Haley has 2010 as leeway, but will have to field a competitive team in 2011 for any hope of retaining his job. I get the sense that Pioli would rather can Haley and keep his buddies as coordinators than let Haley scapegoat either of them. But that's just a guess.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
jdubwaldo
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by jdubwaldo »

mean, I hope you are right!!

NOW, does anyone want to split 2 season tickets with my husband and I for next year?  Anybody??

:cheers:
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

jdubwaldo wrote: mean, I hope you are right!!

NOW, does anyone want to split 2 season tickets with my husband and I for next year?  Anybody??

:cheers:
Well if you're going to give them away for free...haha..
THINK (ONE) KC.
mykem
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by mykem »

Why did Weis, and Crennel take the Chiefs job openings?

A. They love KC, and know the Chiefs are a first class organization.

B. They love Todd Haley.

C. Scott Pioli is the man.

D. Answer C, and gives both a chance to compete for a job that both think Todd Haley will lose within the next 2 years.

E. None of the above.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

mykem wrote: Why did Weis, and Crennel take the Chiefs job openings?

A. They love KC, and know the Chiefs are a first class organization.

B. They love Todd Haley.

C. Scott Pioli is the man.

D. Answer C, and gives both a chance to compete for a job that both think Todd Haley will lose within the next 2 years.

E. None of the above.
E
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

mykem wrote: Why did Weis, and Crennel take the Chiefs job openings?
E.  They needed jobs.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

aknowledgeableperson wrote: E.  They needed jobs.
+1
THINK (ONE) KC.