2010 Chiefs

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Re: 2010 Chiefs

Post by phuqueue »

Cassel's officially out.  In other news, got a decent laugh out of this.
szazzy
Pad site
Pad site

Post by szazzy »

Big game boys! I'm hoping they shut my fantasy QB Rivers down and sweep the Chargers this year. I don't care if it's FF playoffs. Win the West! A sweep of the Chargers w/a backup QB would be epic for the team's confidence.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

MATT CASSEL SUCKS! BRODIE CROYLE COULD RUN THIS OFFENSE BETTER!!!!
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

I'm not so sure the Chiefs wouldn't still look dramatically overmatched with Cassel in the game.

They wouldn't look quite as dramatically overmatched, though.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Don't worry!  The Chiefs will beat the Rams next week because the Chiefs can only beat teams with losing records. 
KC is the way to be!
mykem
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by mykem »

Wow, Sandy Eggo! I thought the Chiefs would've atleast made a game of it. Once again the Chiefs are overmatched in their own division!
macnw
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by macnw »

Croyle hasn't seen one snap this year? Hard to run the ball when the defense knows all you have is a running play(s). Still nothing?
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

KCMax wrote: MATT CASSEL SUCKS! BRODIE CROYLE COULD RUN THIS OFFENSE BETTER!!!!
Brady Croyle game stats....2.4 yds per attempt passing, 40 yards total.   QB ranking <50.  That's horrible.
KCRoyal
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCRoyal »

A little off topic, but on Metro Sports on the subject of the Barry Richardson sideline incident last week, Mitch Holthus stated that he was fine with Richardson shoving Steve Hoffman and that he should "get out of his way."

I like Mitch alot, but that's inexcusable.  There's a difference between 'passion' and stupidity.  Not to mention the mounting penalties and not sticking with his man.
szazzy
Pad site
Pad site

Post by szazzy »

KCRoyal wrote: A little off topic, but on Metro Sports on the subject of the Barry Richardson sideline incident last week, Mitch Holthus stated that he was fine with Richardson shoving Steve Hoffman and that he should "get out of his way."

I like Mitch alot, but that's inexcusable.  There's a difference between 'passion' and stupidity.  Not to mention the mounting penalties and not sticking with his man.
I was pretty mad we didn't suspend Richardson for that. I don't care how big the next game is. Absolutely inexcusable.

Play calling guaranteed us a loss yesterday too unless either the special teams or defense scored for us. Going vertical sometimes against a team that is going to score points seems like a necessity. What was more disappointing is I didn't see any adjustments when we went down big? Where was the Wildcat? Not a single trick play or even a simple reverse - just to keep them guessing a little bit?
Last edited by szazzy on Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mykem
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by mykem »

szazzy wrote: I was pretty mad we didn't suspend Richardson for that. I don't care how big the next game is. Absolutely inexcusable.

Play calling guaranteed us a loss yesterday too unless either the special teams or defense scored for us. Going vertical sometimes against a team that is going to score points seems like a necessity. What was more disappointing is I didn't see any adjustments when we went down big? Where was the Wildcat? Not a single trick play or even a simple reverse - just to keep them guessing a little bit?
The Chiefs played that game to not get blown out, but they did anyways! I have dexter mccluster, and d bowe on my fatasy football team and they both netted me 0.30 points total for yesterday! I still won though!
Marreekarr
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Marreekarr »

szazzy wrote:
I hope Chief's coach Todd Haley is planning on letting his team score against the Rams.  I'm betting big points on this one.  That team that You have on the field is capable of doing some big things.  Would be a shame for a talented yet hot-headed coach to throw a game just to challenge a blogger he doesn't like.  Chiefs scored "Zero" against a San Diego team that they already beat this year?  You're kidding me!  Even Brody Croyle knows how to win a game or two.  And I'm expecting a whole lot more outta You - Mr. Haley.  Or maybe it's time for your performance review?
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Marreekarr wrote: Even Brody Croyle knows how to win a game or two. 
That has yet to be proven.  And given that his career is likely over in a couple months, probably never will be. 
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Stupid Chiefs.  With their stupid first official winning season in years.
KC is the way to be!
cityscape
New York Life
New York Life

Post by cityscape »

AllThingsKC wrote: Image
Please tell me this is a t-shirt and you know where to buy one.  I've got to have it!!!
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

cityscape wrote: Please tell me this is a t-shirt and you know where to buy one.  I've got to have it!!!
It is a T-Shirt.  But, I do not know where to buy one.  If you contact Kelly Urich at 99.7 FM, he might be able to get you some info about it.  The photo is from him, I believe.
KC is the way to be!
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

KC is the way to be!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Chiefs v raiders might get flexed to an evening game. Depends on this weekend....lets hope it doesn't due to it being a meaningless game.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

If my thinking is straight (and it may not be), the only way that game will be meaningless is if the Chiefs lose to Tennessee, essentially handing the division to the Chargers, or... the Chargers lose to the Bengals minus TO.

Given the relative likeliness of these two propositions, I'd rather just have the Oakland game be the AFC West deciding factor because I think the Chiefs can take them.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

mean wrote: If my thinking is straight (and it may not be), the only way that game will be meaningless is if the Chiefs lose to Tennessee, essentially handing the division to the Chargers, or... the Chargers lose to the Bengals minus TO.

Given the relative likeliness of these two propositions, I'd rather just have the Oakland game be the AFC West deciding factor because I think the Chiefs can take them.
No.  If the Chiefs/Raiders game is meaningless, it means the Chiefs have won the division (and no one else).

Week 16: Chiefs win, Chargers win (this is most likely to happen): The Chiefs must beat the Raiders, and they've won the West!

Week 16: Chiefs lose, Chargers win: The Chiefs would still play for a shot at the playoffs, but would need Denver to beat SD.

Week 16: Chiefs win, Chargers lose: The Chiefs have won the division.  Chiefs/Raiders is meaningless.

Week 16: Chiefs lose, Chargers lose: Nothing changes.  If the Chiefs beat Oakland, they've won the West.

EDIT: Ok, it could be meaningless if the SD/Denver game is BEFORE the Chiefs/Raiders game.  But, no matter what happens in Week 16, going into Week 17 with a meaningless Chiefs/Raiders game means the Chiefs have won the West.    I hope that makes sense.  It is possible for San Diego to win the division on the same day of the Chiefs/Raiders game.  If the Chargers game is BEFORE the Chiefs game, then the Chiefs/Raiders game is meaningless in the Chargers favor.
Last edited by AllThingsKC on Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KC is the way to be!