K-State loses (ouch), MU vs KU should be a good game!

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

I'm not a K-State fan, but god, you have to feel a little sorry for them after this loss.

It looks like this could be one of the best KU-MU games in a long time, anybody going?

I think MU is a better team, but KU seams to be getting better and has a lot of confidence right now and it will be at KU. KU always plays MU tough anyway. But I think the better team will pull it off ;).

I'll be there.
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by phxcat »

KU has been surprising. Too bad they didn't beat NW, though. We need the SOS!

That game yesterday was aweful! If Ell had been there, it would have been a different story. I don't get why they are using Ell's playbook for a QB who can't run! Schwinn must have had more runs than Sproles!

We'll be back, just got to get Ell healthy and get the defense fixed.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

phxcat wrote:If Ell had been there, it would have been a different story.
IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF

Marshall seemed to play pretty well with their second string QB.....

K State puked on themselves....no excuses.....I LOVE IT! =D>
One State. One Spirit. One Mizzou. 05.22.2011  RIP Rusty, Harli and Hayze
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by phxcat »

One more if- If Brad Smith had been out, would MU have been able pull out that incredible double overtime one point win against Sun-Belt powerhouse Middle Tennessee State?

With Ell out (He should be back) and Sproles out (just to make the possibiltiy it more realistic), MU might have a chance against K-State.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

phxcat wrote:One more if- If Brad Smith had been out, would MU have been able pull out that incredible double overtime one point win against Sun-Belt powerhouse Middle Tennessee State?

With Ell out (He should be back) and Sproles out (just to make the possibiltiy it more realistic), MU might have a chance against K-State.
Bottom line......Mizzou WON.....KState LOST.

Don't worry about Mizzou until the end of the season. I'd be focusing on Texas right now if I were a KState fan.
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by phxcat »

We're not worring about MU. Its on Texas. Now you worry about the Hawks!
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

phxcat wrote:With Ell out (He should be back) and Sproles out (just to make the possibiltiy it more realistic), MU might have a chance against K-State.
Sounds like you're worried about Mizzou to me....
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by phxcat »

Nope. Like I said, just beat the Hawks!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Was down in Houston for the Chiefs game....at first I was glad the game was on TV but then steadily got more upset.

I pin this loss on Snyder....you could tell he was trying to hide his playbook with the 50 QB sneaks he used to run with Bishop all the time....bit him in the ass. Defense line is questionable.....

2 weeks till Texas...hopefully they can get it turned around. Ell will help but there is no excuse for losing that game...

shouldn't MU fans (ie. STL-dan) worry more about their program and ours? I understand the jealousy with all our bowl games, etc. so we are to be looked up to but damn.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

Enought crying about K-State!!!

We're going Tiger hunting!!!
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by phxcat »

Be careful with that- you don't want to hurt yourself!
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

KC wrote:shouldn't MU fans (ie. STL-dan) worry more about their program and ours? I understand the jealousy with all our bowl games, etc. so we are to be looked up to but damn.
What makes you think I'm not? The only thing I've read from phxcat is his babble about how MU MIGHT be able to beat KSU w/o Sproles and Ellie.

Why would he be looking to the end of the season when Texas is just around the corner?

Me? I'm looking at the biggest game to date for MU.....the KU game. I'll worry about Nebraska, OU and all the rest, including Bandwagon St, after that.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Ummm, dan, you're not a player, you're a fan...you can look ahead to any game you want....your "preperation" for KU means nothing.....phx probably was putting that about Mu because there are MU fans here.

StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

KC wrote:Ummm, dan, you're not a player, you're a fan...
I thought that was a given.
KC wrote:...you can look ahead to any game you want....your "preperation" for KU means nothing...
wrong. it is the biggest game to date for MU. MU players and staff s/b be focusing EVERYTHING on this game this week....and I know they are.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

that's fine, players and staff should only be focused on that game...but it's silly for people to think fans can't look ahead to other games.....you are just a fan, if you just look towards the bowl game it's not going to make one ounce of difference how the team plays.

StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

KC wrote:that's fine, players and staff should only be focused on that game...but it's silly for people to think fans can't look ahead to other games.....you are just a fan, if you just look towards the bowl game it's not going to make one ounce of difference how the team plays.
oooooooook
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

....catch a Tiger by the toe....

When you come to the Hawk's nest...prepare to get beaked!!!
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by phxcat »

And no bandwagon state here! I once listened to a game aginst Austin Pea on the radio where we took a 28 point lead and lost! I supported my team through the next three years of no wins (it would be easier if I could say three year losing streak, but damnit if we didn't tie KU!) and I was there when we beat North Texas State.

Did you play at MANC, Dan?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

It's fashionable to call any fan of a successful team a bandwagon fan....then if you are a fan of a losing team you're just a loser...I just stick with my teams and whatever happens, happens....I've been blessed this year...Royals contending (but probably lose it tonight), Chiefs look good, KSU still is looking good.....fun time.

StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

phxcat wrote:And no bandwagon state here! I once listened to a game aginst Austin Pea on the radio where we took a 28 point lead and lost! I supported my team through the next three years of no wins (it would be easier if I could say three year losing streak, but damnit if we didn't tie KU!) and I was there when we beat North Texas State.

Did you play at MANC, Dan?
MANC??????....uh, well, I guess it WAS MANC back then, huh? :) I haven't heard MidAmerica called that in years.

Nevertheless, no, I only played h.s. basketball...no football program at my small school. I regret not having the opportunity to play h.s. OR college football.

However, I am close to the MNU community and several football players past and present. That's one of the really fun part of being a part of a small school family.

phxcat, you mentioned in another post on this thread how you sat through the Austin Peay game and other seasons when KSU sucked.

I am the same way, MANC (MNU) didn't win more than 4 games during my time at the school. But I went to all home games and road games at Baker and Jewell (Benedictine and Avila weren't in the HAAC then). We were ALWAYS their homecoming games and got clobbered 55-3 or something stoopid like that every time.

Now MNU is a perennial top 20 team and are currently #10 in the nation (that may have changed today - haven't checked the NAIA's new poll released today).

I don't consider alum of any school to be bandwagoners, cuz chances are, if they are sports fans at all, they still liked to hang out at games and rooted EXTRA hard for their alma mater even if they royally sucked like KSU and MANC back in the day.