Big XII Basketball

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Re: Big XII Basketball

Post by GRID »

NDTeve wrote: Thanks for the respect K State folks. You guys are great Big 8 fans and good friends.

National Champions.

Too drunk to enjoy like I should  but will celebrate on opening day.

Give us a break for wearing KU gear.

Mario Chalmers is on par with Danny Manning now.

Go Hawks.

Tears.
Hey now, I think most MU fans are giving you guys a pat on the back too ;).
Mhudson
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Mhudson »

Its a sad day in Manhattan, KS when fireworks are even going off here when KU wins a championship! 
jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by jlbomega »

Mhudson wrote: Its a sad day in Manhattan, KS when fireworks are even going off here when KU wins a championship! 
Yet another example of why K-State and Kansas isn't a real rivalry.  On the surface they may trash talk eachother, but deep down they love everything Kansas. 
Mhudson
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Mhudson »

All it really takes is a few kids from JOCO.  No offense to joco.
TheBigChuckbowski
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by TheBigChuckbowski »

jlbomega wrote: Yet another example of why K-State and Kansas isn't a real rivalry.  On the surface they may trash talk eachother, but deep down they love everything Kansas. 
False. 90% of K-State fans hate KU with a passion and were not setting off fireworks. The problem comes with the people that grew up KU fans and went to K-State for whatever reason (probably because Lawrence sucks and KU's academics are questionable) and they don't change their allegiance at all or they still root for KU in times like this.
You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once. Not in 'Nam of course.
Mhudson
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Mhudson »

TheBigChuckbowski wrote: False. 90% of K-State fans hate KU with a passion and were not setting off fireworks. The problem comes with the people that grew up KU fans and went to K-State for whatever reason (probably because Lawrence sucks and KU's academics are questionable) and they don't change their allegiance at all or they still root for KU in times like this.
Couldn't have put it better.  I know many more die hard K-Staters than KU bandwagon jumpers.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

TheBigChuckbowski wrote: (probably because Lawrence sucks and KU's academics are questionable)
Do you really want to go There

Let me just save MD the trouble and hit the rebuttal high points - middle of nowhere - feed lot shit stink - army base sausage fest - consistant bottom two academic ranking in the conference. 
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

TheBigChuckbowski wrote: The problem comes with the people that grew up KU fans and went to K-State for whatever reason (probably because Lawrence sucks and KU's academics are questionable)
hahahaha, what planet are you on?  lawrence is an awesome college town and in terms of academics i have no doubt KU is on par with, if not superior to, K-State in most respects.  i understand repping your school, but come on!  (i am a two-time mizzou grad btw)
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

I haven't congratulated KU yet.  So, here it is:
KC is the way to be!
jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by jlbomega »

TheBigChuckbowski wrote: False. 90% of K-State fans hate KU with a passion and were not setting off fireworks. The problem comes with the people that grew up KU fans and went to K-State for whatever reason (probably because Lawrence sucks and KU's academics are questionable) and they don't change their allegiance at all or they still root for KU in times like this.
Agree to disagree
LenexatoKCMO wrote: Do you really want to go There

Let me just save MD the trouble and hit the rebuttal high points - middle of nowhere - feed lot shit stink - army base sausage fest - consistant bottom two academic ranking in the conference. 
Speaking of MD should we consider a temporary ban?  That dude was barely tolerable before winning a NC.  He was talking trash to people on this board from the OB and NC.   I can't imagine what it will be like when he returns.
Last edited by jlbomega on Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: Plus the Staters and Tigers can take solice in the fact that it looks more and more like next year will be at least somewhat of a rebuilding year for the hawks.  Robinson, Kaun, Jackson graduate and I have to think that last night pretty much sealed the fates of Rush and Chalmers.  Hard to know what happens with Arthur and Collins - both could probably use more development and this draft class is starting to look ridiculously deep, but I won't count on them being back either. 
Kansas just needs to enjoy the national championship for a bit before worrying about who's off to the NBA or if Self will stick around or not.  I think any program in the country would gladly take a down year if it followed a NC.  I suspect Collins will be back next year but not Arthur or Rush.  Jury is still out on Chalmers, played great in the tourney but is a bit undersized for an NBA shooting gaurd.  Would not be surprised to see Collins and Chalmers back at the guard spot.  
jlbomega wrote: Academic fraud, now cancelling class the day after a basketball win... yep, they really take pride in their academics in Kansas.  I guess that guy who wrote "What is the Matter with Kansas" was on to something  8)
KU's academic programs are just fine.  It's a bit ironic when Kansas gets smacked for not teaching evolution in the schools and the University of Kansas has historically been one of the top colleges in the US in evolution sciences.
ramseym_com
Pad site
Pad site

Post by ramseym_com »

I'm so happy right now its hard to express why this KU win means so much. You put so much emotion into watching EVERY game year after year, the feeling of winning is heaven.
--

My audio blog after the game:
http://www.utterz.com/~u-NTA2MjExMw/utt ... NTA2MjExMw

LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Highlander wrote: Kansas just needs to enjoy the national championship for a bit before worrying about who's off to the NBA or if Self will stick around or not.  I think any program in the country would gladly take a down year if it followed a NC.  I suspect Collins will be back next year but not Arthur or Rush.  Jury is still out on Chalmers, played great in the tourney but is a bit undersized for an NBA shooting gaurd.  Would not be surprised to see Collins and Chalmers back at the guard spot.  
I hope you are right about Chalmers and Collins - most of our incoming class at this point is forwards so the guard positions worry me the most. 

The way Bill has worded everything seems to make it pretty clear that he is just looking for a bigger/better extension and wants to stay - don't mess it up Lew!
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

KU fans celebrate without major incident.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking ... 65939.html
49r
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by 49r »

I guess now the Kansas Turnpike Authority is going to have to change the sign outside Lawerence that says "1988 NCAA Basketball Champions"
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: I hope you are right about Chalmers and Collins - most of our incoming class at this point is forwards so the guard positions worry me the most. 

The way Bill has worded everything seems to make it pretty clear that he is just looking for a bigger/better extension and wants to stay - don't mess it up Lew!
This article just came out.  Rush will go pro...no surprise there.  Collins will return.  That's not a surprise, he wasn't going to be a first round pick.  With Robinson gone, he'll get an opportunity he hasn't had yet.  The article goes on to say Arthur is likely to leave and Chalmers is leaning towards testing the waters.  I could see it going either way for Chalmers; good player just small for his position.  So at the very least, KU will have Collins back and Aldrich back from those who had significant playing time this year.  Still, losing Kaun, Jackson, Robinson, Rush and Arthur in a single year (plus a couple of reserves) will be tough, regardless of who is coming in. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news;_ylt ... &type=lgns

Just an aside, what happened to Robinson in the NC game?  I could not watch it due to the time difference.  He only played 10 minutes.  Injury?  I've always thought Robinson would make a good coach.  Makes astute comments to the press after games. 
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Highlander wrote: Just an aside, what happened to Robinson in the NC game?  I could not watch it due to the time difference.  He only played 10 minutes.  Injury?   I've always thought Robinson would make a good coach.  Makes astute comments to the press after games. 
I think Bill felt he needed Collins offense down the stretch.  When we started slipping away in the second half they had started clogging the paint and denying the entries that had been gravy early on.  We needed some perimeter offense and the rest of the guards had been pretty cold.  It was collins inbounds steal and resulting three pointer that really made the comback possible. 
TheBigChuckbowski
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

LenexatoKCMO wrote: Do you really want to go There

chrizow wrote: hahahaha, what planet are you on?  lawrence is an awesome college town and in terms of academics i have no doubt KU is on par with, if not superior to, K-State in most respects.  i understand repping your school, but come on!  (i am a two-time mizzou grad btw)
Lawrence is okay if you like hippies and yuppies and a mile full of fast food. I'm mostly joking but I personally hate Lawrence and I knew two guys in high school that were huge KU fans until they were deciding on schools and hated their KU visit and went to K-State. As for the academic thing, tons of people go to K-State because of the architecture, engineering, journalism/mass comm, etc. schools are better. That's what you mostly hear from people that are KU fans at K-State, "I just went here for engineering, it doesn't mean I have to root for the school."
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Man, these grapes are sour.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
TheBigChuckbowski
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

mean wrote: Man, these grapes are sour.
This is what I don't get, I heard it at work today too. I've said much worse things about KU thousands of times when they didn't just win a national championship but now when I say the same things after they win, it's sour grapes? Just stupid.