Big 12 Football

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Re: Big 12 Football

Post by kcmetro »

MidtownCat wrote: Feel free to start running your "attendance" smack when K-State starts resorting to hand outs to fill up our stadium.  50K in Larryville, and it took an offer of two free tickets for every one student ticket purchased and freebies for the Lawrence School Dist. 
That's always been the standard policy for the first game of the season.  I remember when I was a student about 5 years ago...they'd give you an extra ticket to the first game.  It doesn't really matter though, because most of the undergrads bought football tickets anyway this year due to last year's success.  So what ended up happening was the student section overflowed into the visitor's section.  That extra ticket didn't really make a difference at all.

BTW, the attendance was 52,112...about 200 more people than the Nebraska game last season.
MidtownCat
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by MidtownCat »

kcmetro wrote: That's always been the standard policy for the first game of the season.  I remember when I was a student about 5 years ago...they'd give you an extra ticket to the first game.  It doesn't really matter though, because most of the undergrads bought football tickets anyway this year due to last year's success.  So what ended up happening was the student section overflowed into the visitor's section.  That extra ticket didn't really make a difference at all.

BTW, the attendance was 52,112...about 200 more people than the Nebraska game last season.

We get it.  It's standard policy at ku to hand out free tickets to fill up your stadium.  That's the fucking point.

Someday, like when you experience over a decade of consistent success, you'll have minimum donation levels of over 2 bills in ever section, you won't have seasont ticket packages for $100, and you won't be handing out thousands of freebies to students, faculty, and the freaking Lawrence school district so you can "fill" the stadium and inflate your attendance numbers. Let us all know when that happens.
KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KC-wildcat »

Maitre D wrote: . . . that KU has surpassed his beloved school in football.   

Congrats on your miraculous, fairy-tale season last year.  You're unconscionably easy schedule, incredibly injury-free roster, and unbelievably fortuitous Big XII schedule, garnered you more success than anyone could have ever imagined.  While it was indeed a great season, it was in fact the definition of "fluke."  By all accounts, a great season - this year - for the Hawks would be a nice 7-5, 8-4.  Again, still a nice season.   

There is no doubting KSU has had a rough transition through its coaching change (not uncommon - See Mangino, Pinkel, Nebraska, Colorado, aTm).  Hoping we can get back into the hunt for the North championship.  Regardless of how we play, or how this season concludes, I'm going to be cheering for my University because I'm proud of the football tradition that has been created at K-State. 

I digress. 

I've decided to give you a little crib sheet for talking shit on other schools and their fans.  You can keep this in your wallet.  Please reference this before opening your mouth:

LIST:  feel free to check these off as they are accomplished.

1.  back-to-back bowl appearances      _____
2.  Big XII North Championship          _____
3.  Big XII Conference Championship  _____
4.  Beat a Top-10 Ranked Opponent    _____
5.  All-Americans on Roster                _____ (use this as a guage for how much shit you choose to talk)
6.  Former Players in the NFL              _____ (see All-Americans)

Once this list is complete, have at it Haas. 
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

remember...hitting on the drunk girl at the party...sure it's fun but you know it's not the right thing to do :)
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Boy KSU's big non-con road tilt at Louisville is sure looking a lot less significant after they got absolutely embarrased by UK. 
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

KC-wildcat wrote: Congrats on your miraculous, fairy-tale season last year.  You're unconscionably easy schedule, incredibly injury-free roster, and unbelievably fortuitous Big XII schedule, garnered you more success than anyone could have ever imagined.  While it was indeed a great season, it was in fact the definition of "fluke."  By all accounts, a great season - this year - for the Hawks would be a nice 7-5, 8-4.  Again, still a nice season. 
KU beat #3 Va Tech in the Orange Bowl and finished second overall in Sagarin's USA Today computer rankings.   They had a 30TD quarterback and 2 first-team AP All-Americans.  That's not a fluke.  KU was simply very good last year, deal with it.

LIST:  feel free to check these off as they are accomplished.

1.  back-to-back bowl appearances       _____
2.  Big XII North Championship           _____
3.  Big XII Conference Championship   _____
4.  Beat a Top-10 Ranked Opponent     _____
5.  All-Americans on Roster                 _____ (use this as a guage for how much shit you choose to talk)
6.  Former Players in the NFL               _____ (see All-Americans)

Once this list is complete, have at it Haas. 
What KSU did in 1999 doesn't really matter today.  I'm sure you know that.   Like I always point out, compare Mango's first 6 years with Snyder.   Let me know how that "checklist" comes out.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

MU looked like the same team as last year. Class of the North but likely not good enough to beat Oklahoma. But, lets be honest...way too early to tell. Also, the fact that KU couldn't run the ball against FIU is not a good omen.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Big 12 Football Talk can be found here:

http://forum.kcrag.com/index.php?topic=15023.0
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag