Big 12 Football

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Re: Big 12 Football

Post by kcmetro »

jlbomega wrote: My point all along has been the Cotton was a better game this year and the final rankings proved it.
(KU + VTech) > (AR + MU)
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

Which rankings would those be?  :lol:
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

NDTeve wrote: Which rankings would those be?  :lol:

Metro's unbiased computerized ranking system.
eomaha.com
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by eomaha.com »

In spite of playing second and third fiddle to fledgling Missouri and Kansas football programs... there apparently are still some people in Lincoln... who are enthusiastically following Nebraska football.  Including 81,000 who showed up to watch the spring scrimmage.

KCTigerFan
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCTigerFan »

Well, the options where to
1. Go to the NU Spring Game
2. Go eat a Runza
3. Count the Billionaires
4. Pick out ugly furniture at NFM

&&&
eomaha.com wrote:

In spite of playing second and third fiddle to fledgling Missouri and Kansas football programs... there apparently are still some people in Lincoln... who are enthusiastically following Nebraska football.  Including 81,000 who showed up to watch the spring scrimmage.

jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by jlbomega »

eomaha.com wrote:

The way football at Nebraska is going the Spring Game is probably the best game of the year  :lol:
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

I wouldn't laugh JLB.  KU & MU both travel to Lincoln this year.  Forget any thoughts of blasting them the way we did last year.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by jlbomega »

Maitre D wrote: I wouldn't laugh JLB.   KU & MU both travel to Lincoln this year.  Forget any thoughts of blasting them the way we did last year.
I don't see us "blasting" them, but a loss would be a huge disappointment.  I know playing in Lincoln is hard, but they have no secondary. 

Also, since when did Nebraska become excluded from a little friendly smack talk?  Lord knows many of them dished it out for the better part of 40 years.
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

Don't they sell out the spring game every year?
So does Bama.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

jlbomega wrote: I don't see us "blasting" them, but a loss would be a huge disappointment.  I know playing in Lincoln is hard, but they have no secondary. 
Not only that, they pretty much lost a recruiting class this year.  They managed to hold on to a few good players but many bolted.  Having said that, I've always rather like Nebraska, mostly because of my disdain for OU, and I think they will be back. 
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

Highlander wrote: Not only that, they pretty much lost a recruiting class this year.  They managed to hold on to a few good players but many bolted.   

They finished 30th, while MU finished 25th.  Hardly miles apart:

http://rivals100.rivals.com/teamrank.as ... e=0&Sort=0
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

Maitre D wrote:
They finished 30th, while MU finished 25th.  Hardly miles apart:

http://rivals100.rivals.com/teamrank.as ... e=0&Sort=0
So, who's making a comparison to Mizzou's class?  Nebraska's class was much better at one time until they got hit hard by recruits jumping ship. 
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

CBS Sportsline gives us their top-10 for next season:

5. Missouri: The offense and defense will be better. Heisman finalist Chase Daniel will be throwing to All-American Jeremy Maclin. Watch out for potential All-American safety William Moore.

6. Florida: The only questions are the defense and how to keep Tim Tebow upright and healthy. Forget about winning another Heisman, Tebow has to become more of a pocket passer. Tailback Emmanuel Moody had some problems picking up the spread in the spring.

7. Kansas: New defensive coordinator (Clint Bowen), but perhaps a better defense. The spring was spent breaking in a couple of new offensive tackles. Todd Reesing and the rest of the Jayhawks aren't going away.

http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/collegefo ... y/10813944

KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

So help me understand the NCAA thought process here.  KU is charged with academic fraud in football in 06 and loses three scholarships....now their academics is below the NCAA standards and they lose two.

why not just cheat and have a pretty good chance of not getting caught?  the penalty for fraud is practically the same as having low APR. 

this really isn't directed at KU fans or their program....that just doesn't make sense...the penalty for fraud isn't high enough IMO.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
shaffe
Penntower
Penntower

Post by shaffe »

actually the penalty for having a low APR can be much worse than losing two football schollies.  UAB lost 9, wazzu lost 8 i believe.  toledo i think lost 7.

kansas just came on the low end of academic failure for this go around.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

KCPowercat wrote: the penalty for fraud isn't high enough IMO.
What's the penalty for criminal bevaior by your student-athletes?    Obviously, the NCAA doesn't seem to care about any of this b/c Mizzou isn't getting punished whatsoever, despite their  "Fullmer Cup"  domination.

kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

It's so weird to see KU and MU ranked so highly in a pre-season ranking. I had to do a double-take.
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

Must say...I think that #7 ranking is a bit high.
- Mark Twain
jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by jlbomega »

NDTeve wrote: Must say...I think that #7 ranking is a bit high.
Ohio State #1?  This is the bull shit that allows Ohio State to roll through the bogus Big 10 and back into the National Championship.  This year is setting up nicely for OSU to return for a third time.  They have the opportunity to beat a down USC team in September to solidify their spot.  Whomever wins the Big 12 or SEC will  most likely play them and destroy them.... AGAIN!

Dennis Dodd loved Kansas last year btw, hence the high ranking. 

I'm not so sure Mizzou's offense will be any better than last year, but the defense should be better. 
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

jlbomega wrote: Ohio State #1?  This is the bull shit that allows Ohio State to roll through the bogus Big 10 and back into the National Championship.  This year is setting up nicely for OSU to return for a third time.  They have the opportunity to beat a down USC team in September to solidify their spot.  Whomever wins the Big 12 or SEC will  most likely play them and destroy them.... AGAIN!

Dennis Dodd loved Kansas last year btw, hence the high ranking. 

I'm not so sure Mizzou's offense will be any better than last year, but the defense should be better. 
Rucker will be tough to replace.  Mizzou was loaded with talented wide outs and running backs so losing Franklin and Temple should not be too painful.  The line may actually improve.  Hopefully, Alexander will come back from a bad knee injury that ended his 2008 season.