Future Stadium Plans: Chiefs and Royals

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Future Stadium Plans: Chiefs and Royals

Post by shinatoo »

Heard from a credible source that the Chief are looking at plans for both rebuilding on the TSC site and at the Legends. Assume they will be playing the states against each other.
Quocunque Jeceris Stabit

Anthony_Hugo98
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: Future Stadium Plans: Chiefs and Royals

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

shinatoo wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:40 am
Heard from a credible source that the Chief are looking at plans for both rebuilding on the TSC site and at the Legends. Assume they will be playing the states against each other.
I can definitely see that border war get incredibly heated with all of the outrageous tax related offers, or even outright taxpayer funding.
For all my military brothers and sisters out there, thanks for paving the way, ill do my best! AIRBORNE!

horizons82
New York Life
New York Life

Post by horizons82 »

So this is all gonna end in both TSC asking for yet another bistate tax with a KS chiefs stadium and a DT royals stadium being the carrots. Right?

kboish
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by kboish »

horizons82 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:49 am
So this is all gonna end in both TSC asking for yet another bistate tax with a KS chiefs stadium and a DT royals stadium being the carrots. Right?
Trade Chiefs to KS for a DT ballpark? Sign me up.

normalthings
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by normalthings »

shinatoo wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:40 am
I had heard from a credible source that Chiefs want Royals to go downtown and an entertainment district built in their place. Makes sense why they would want to move to Legends as well. I am a big Chiefs/Royals fan but will not support any public dollars for sports teams (maybe soccer is an exception).

Riverite
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Riverite »

I would be happy to see an entertainment district built in their place. Add some hotels and density. Eventually shoot towards connecting the grid back. While I would rather see all teams downtown I realize that tailgating is such a big aspect of football here it probably won’t happen.

Royals downtown makes sense though, probably would make it more attractive for tourists. I know plenty of people that check out sports games in cities they visit if they are accessible, and putting it in the middle of downtown by hotels would definitely make it more accessible.

WoodDraw
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by WoodDraw »

I have heard similar too for awhile (maybe we're all talking to the same person lol).

The gist is the royals want to go downtown and the chiefs want something out of it too.