Pennsylvania, July 2008

Do a trip report here....go to another city and want to relate it to what KC is doing right or could do better? Give us a summary in here.
Roanoker
Penntower
Penntower

Pennsylvania, July 2008

Post by Roanoker »

If pictures are missing, find them at http://www.flickr.com/photos/115393943@ ... 070603504/.

We are still on our way to Niagara Falls from Roanoke, VA. We stayed in Washington D.C. on the night of 7/29/08, and the first pictures here reflect that part of the trip.

The next day, we left and made our way to Pennsylvania. Flowers were on display at all the rest stops and visitor centers.

I think I was lying on the ground for this one. It's the only way to get a plain background without pulling Photoshop stunts.

The flower looked enough like a graphic to mix it with one.

This is a picture within itself.

I always wanted to visit Hershey, PA.

Last edited by Roanoker on Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Give up money, give up fame, give up science, give the earth itself and all it contains rather than do an immoral act.” —Thomas Jefferson (1785)
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: Pennsylvania, July 2008

Post by Highlander »

hmm Hershey's.  Something tells me the grandkids were along on this trip. 
Roanoker
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Roanoker »

Um, I wish I could say yes. My grandson, alas, was in Kansas City with his parents.  :(

I guess I just never grew up.  :D
“Give up money, give up fame, give up science, give the earth itself and all it contains rather than do an immoral act.” —Thomas Jefferson (1785)
Roanoker
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Roanoker »

We're still in Hershey, PA. I did not do anything with this next picture, other than to crop it and change the resolution so it would fit on a normal computer screen. Don't you love the colors?

It is now the next day, 7/31/08, and we have moved on to New York. My favorite "hotel" chain is Microtel. The first time I had to stay in one, I was perturbed--until I discovered what a great chain it was. It is inexpensive and marvelously efficient. You might think the rooms would be too small, but they simply do not waste space. Here's how it looked the morning we left.

Our room was a bit larger because we had three adults.

Any hotel that bothers with flowers like this deserves patronage.

We drove through a few small towns in New York. This one is Dundee. I hate power lines, but that's what you get.

We've reached our intermediate destination.

This is the entrance to Watkins Glen, a slot canyon where I took several hundred pictures. I will show some of them in a new thread.