Inspirating/Good news from Mayor Barnes

KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

I have received a reply to my email to her. She stated, if all downtown revitalization goes as planned she expects in the next 10 years office space will increase downtown, and its likely a building over 600ft will be built. But that is if downtown revitalization goes as planned.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Re: Inspirating/Good news from Mayor Barnes

Post by QueSi2Opie »

KCDevin wrote:I have received a reply to my email to her. She stated, if all downtown revitalization goes as planned she expects in the next 10 years office space will increase downtown, and its likely a building over 600ft will be built. But that is if downtown revitalization goes as planned.
She won't be in office if things don't start changing dramatically in 4 years. Most people want an arena, an entertainment district, some major tenants, etc. in downtown by 2007.
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

QueSi2Opie wrote:
KCDevin wrote:I have received a reply to my email to her. She stated, if all downtown revitalization goes as planned she expects in the next 10 years office space will increase downtown, and its likely a building over 600ft will be built. But that is if downtown revitalization goes as planned.
She won't be in office if things don't start changing dramatically in 4 years. Most people want an arena, an entertainment district, some major tenants, etc. in downtown by 2007.
The mayor s only allowed two consecutive terms, so she will be out of office then anyway.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Post by QueSi2Opie »

Maybe I should've said that she needs to leave her legacy or imprint on KC. Emmanuel Cleaver = 18th & Vine
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
TheDude
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by TheDude »

(i am sure SHEwas the one that replied.) anyway, she will go down as a footnote on the history of this great city (eg, President Hayes, remember him??) while Marinovich will go down as one of the great leaders who actually made something happen, for better or worse. she will be able to drive her great grandkids through west wydot and show them a lasting legacy to her leadership.
"ALWAYS be closing"
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

it's funny...the only people who praise Marinovich are the ones outside of her jurisdiction.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
Good2Great
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Good2Great »

You'd better put that next to your Vivian Vance autograph!
KCSKYSCRAPERS changed my life. I was on the edge until I visited this site. Now I find myself longing to dive off a 60 story building onto a frozen fountain paying tribute to the St. Louis Arch.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

Good2Great wrote:
You'd better put that next to your Vivian Vance autograph!
Did someone say "Vivian Vance"? She was born in my wife's home town.

Check this out: http://cherryvalehometown.homestead.com/Cherryvale.html
One State. One Spirit. One Mizzou. 05.22.2011  RIP Rusty, Harli and Hayze
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

OMG, I want to nominate that for the worst website...it's got everything, MIDI song, spinning graphics...everything.

Cherryvale, KS deserves better.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc