Bay Area short term job/suggestions/help

Want to talk about your favorite places besides Kansas City? Post any development news or questions about other cities here.
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Re: Bay Area short term job/suggestions/help

Post by warwickland »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:47 pm
warwickland wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:25 pm so, got a dose of california reality between having two fires (and a third-degree burned homeless guy who started them) next to my jobsite (we had to actually fight one of them to prevent it from spreading onto our jobsite), traffic (mainly the horror of 3 hour commutes/car sleeping for co-workers), vast power outages and resultant chaos...after being there for almost three weeks i was ready to head home (or have a long weekend in mendocino county).

also, one of the most beautiful places in the country, without a doubt, and would love to go back for work. this is the third trip to california this year but really my first real california reality check i guess.

Are you in the Fire Fun this week?
Also, has the homelessness in SF really that bad now? I remember going to SF about 7 years ago and i thought it was great, the homelessness was still mainly around tenderloin and city hall area but has it now spread to other neighborhoods?

This article kind of shocked me, is it really that bad there now?
https://www.city-journal.org/san-francisco-homelessness
i'm back thankfully but did get a taste of the blackouts at the end.

to me, it wasnt the homelessness in san francisco proper that was shocking, it was seeing the transition to serious levels of homelessness outside of the major urban cores (i actually observed more issues with this when i was in SF a decade ago). seeing people slumped over and sleeping on sidewalks or encampments along highway right of ways next to grape fields all in sonoma county cities and towns felt borderline great depression-y.

i imagine the influx of well heeled residents and development pressure has a bearing on san francisco proper...it didn't really seem that much worse to me...compared to like skid row in LA.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I didn't realize homelessness was happening in rural/suburban areas. Thought it was just in the major cities
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:10 pm I didn't realize homelessness was happening in rural/suburban areas. Thought it was just in the major cities
We had/have a homeless problem in Lee's Summit. It's everywhere.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

But in Lee's Summit it's not out in the open where people are setting up camps along farms or in the parks. In the Midwest especially in the burbs it's a little more out of sight