Chicago

Want to talk about your favorite places besides Kansas City? Post any development news or questions about other cities here.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Chicago

Post by mgsports »

Has lots of Commercial that KC needs like Marino's C. Fresh Market,Speedway,Mobil,Sierra,American Mattress,Italian Beef joints and so on.
Riverite
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: Chicago

Post by Riverite »

That seems like a very random list, what do you feel like those spots would add to Kansas City where we are currently lacking?
swid
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by swid »

Despite posting this on a Web forum, our correspondent is otherwise unaware that this is 2019 and the very same device he's posting from can also order and have delivered the (very limited) subset of items that the durable good retailers with a physical presence here may not carry, and, in many cases, from many of the retailers listed!

Lusting over regional food chains and wishing they'd expand here is overrated (with the exception of Burgerville, which will never happen, and yes, I've chosen that hill to die on regardless).
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Where is Portillo's
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by warwickland »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:32 am Where is Portillo's
i think the closest one is peoria.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I just meant where is Portillo's on his list - The closest one might be Davenport
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

I will agree that it's tough to get a decent Italian Beef sandwich in this town. That place on Prospect that's King's Table now used to have one.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Bunoa's,White Castle that might not come back,Bentley's Pancake House.
Eon Blue
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Eon Blue »

WSPanic wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:14 pm I will agree that it's tough to get a decent Italian Beef sandwich in this town. That place on Prospect that's King's Table now used to have one.
RIP Moe’s
KCKev2
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by KCKev2 »

Indeed. Moe's is sorely missed. It had the closest to the real deal Chicago-style Italian beef sandwich in KC. Tower Tavern's version is ok.
Sani
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Sani »

While we're making requests for random retail...

I just got back from visiting family in Detroit (Dearborn and Allen Park, to be specific) and I discovered they have 24-hour Dunkin' Donuts/Baskin Robbins drive-thrus. Why can't I get a waffle bowl of mint chocolate chip at 2 a.m. in KC? I feel like Johnson County would support at least one such location.

Also, since Meijer has come up in prior posts: I shopped at the one in Allen Park late one night. It's about halfway between Walmart and Target in terms of classiness, but it's more expensive than both. I can't speak to their health as a corporation or their expansion plans, if any.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Yes we have Shell but not with Circle K,Homerun Inn,Daddy O's Diner and so on.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Why would any gas station chain come into this market? QT dominates this area. The only gas station I want to see is Kwik Trip (Kwik Star) based out of Wisconsin. It's an actual conveince store unlike QT. At Kwik Trip u can buy bread, veggies (Onions/potatoes for 30 cents a pound), fruit (dirt cheap bananas), eggs (39 cents a dozen), milk (1.99 a gallon), fresh baked goods like cookies and pumpkin bars, they have great deals on meat (like 99 cent bacon wrapped pork loin) or packs for brats for 2 bucks and they are all great prices like u find at grocery store and the stuff is grocery store quality.

It's truly a conveince store, not the overpriced garbage u have at QT. Kwik Trip would blow the QT's down here cause it's stuff u want after work but don't want to run into a grocery store, and need for the house. It's not full shitty taquitos and egg rolls, they have that stuff but it's not the focal point.

I honestly kind hate QT cause it's overpriced and I don't find the food that good.
Sani
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Sani »

Kiwk Trip is pretty great. You brought back memories of buying milk in bags when I lived in Wisconsin.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Illinois has QT look a like Thunderstone. Quaker Stake Lube and Grill. Ponderosa or Bonaza or TGI Fridays back. Gander.