St. Louis/CWE studio gang skyscraper proposal

Want to talk about your favorite places besides Kansas City? Post any development news or questions about other cities here.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Re: St. Louis/CWE studio gang skyscraper proposal

Post by Chris Stritzel »

Today...
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

:shock:
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

100 Above the Park, according to the website, is only 25% leased (230 apartments remain of the 305 total in the building). Slow, but expected considering it is the most expensive building in the City of St. Louis and most expensive rental building in the Metro area.

Despite this, a 205-unit luxury apartment project is going up about 3.5 blocks away - 4545 Laclede by KDG. The crane went up over the weekend.

In addition to 4545 Laclede and 100 Above the Park, the area around the Euclid corridor has seen 3 new construction projects in the past few years. All are seen on the left side of this image (Citizen Park, the Orion, and the Euclid). An AC Hotel is also under construction near the Chase Park Plaza (crane seen in the second photo. Current status in third photo). So quite a bit going on around the Euclid corridor.

It is becoming believed by many in my circle, and outside of my circle, that Mac Properties will team up with Sam Koplar to develop a signature tower on the parking lot at Kingshighway and Lindell. Of course, that is dependent on how leasing goes at 100 Above the Park as well as 4545 Laclede (as both projects equate to approximately 510 luxury apartments).
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

100 helped fill in some of the Central West End. From this angle, the numerous parking lots are hidden.

But from this angle, several parking lots come into view. One had a plan last year, but the project was canceled for no specified reason.

Still though, 100 was and is a nice addition to the neighborhood.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

How full is it?
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

normalthings wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:26 pm How full is it?
Still about 25%
zonk
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by zonk »

Chris Stritzel wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:20 pm
Still about 25%
Any updates on how leasing is going?
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

zonk wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:08 am
Chris Stritzel wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:20 pm
Still about 25%
Any updates on how leasing is going?
Just cracked 50%
zonk
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by zonk »

^Thanks Chris. How's Ball Park Village performing? I think those 2 are the top of the market for STL/CWE.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

zonk wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:44 pm ^Thanks Chris. How's Ball Park Village performing? I think those 2 are the top of the market for STL/CWE.
One Cardinal Way is 100% leased. The PwC Pennant Building just had Spark Coworking open, and so occupancy there is hovering somewhere above 75% (which isn't that bad). If Village Whiskey and Davio's Steakhouse ever get underway, then all the retail spaces own the office/hotel block will be occupied. There are still a few retail spaces left to fill including two at One Cardinal Way and one (minus the leasing center) in Phase 1.
zonk
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by zonk »

^thx for the update!
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Looks like this tower is getting a new neighbor.

GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

I didn't see this was posted in the four light thread...
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

Great view of Forest Park and this building from where I stayed in STL. West End area got cranes on cranes over there. Love this buildings design.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

^The cranes are impressive, especially when heading west on 64/40 in Midtown. You see 10 cranes in one view. Of these 10, only two are for a usage other than medical (both residential).

I know which building you stayed in by the way. Didn't realize the views were that good from that end of the neighborhood. One Hundred will be mostly blocked by Albion from that angle.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

Chris Stritzel wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:45 pm ^The cranes are impressive, especially when heading west on 64/40 in Midtown. You see 10 cranes in one view. Of these 10, only two are for a usage other than medical (both residential).

I know which building you stayed in by the way. Didn't realize the views were that good from that end of the neighborhood. One Hundred will be mostly blocked by Albion from that angle.
Yes, it had great views South and decent downtown East views, can partially see Arch. Cool late1800s building renovated to apartments. Residents could rent out the loft on the roof for like $125 a night for guests as nobody had leased. My relative said that they looked at the One Hundred building but even a 1bd/studio would be like at least $300/mo more than their 2bdr. Neighborhood around Euclid/Delmar looks like a few parking lots and potential for redevelopment.