O.CO Coliseum

Want to talk about your favorite places besides Kansas City? Post any development news or questions about other cities here.
shinatoo
Ambassador

O.CO Coliseum

Post by shinatoo »

Here are a few crappy cell phone pics it took at the A's game.

Scoreboard leaves something to be desired.

Nice bar area behind home plate open to everyone.

ImageImage
chingon
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: O.CO Coliseum

Post by chingon »

It's always nice to be reminded that no matter how bad the Royals play, the K is an absolute gem.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

With a refresh like the K got, and the removal of Mt. Davis that completely ruins the view, it would be a pretty nice place to watch a ball game. But I'm betting they are out of there soon.
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

Jeez. That used to be a pretty nice stadium.
bbqboy
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by bbqboy »

I've seen several games there over the years. A round dual purpose stadium never feels right for baseball. Nice to ride BART to the game however.
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

I've only seen it on tv, but the outfield wall configuration make it look deserted, even when there are 20-30k there. Note to stadium designers: if there are no fans visible in camera shots of the outfielders, you have screwed up. The best renovations in the last 15 years have involved putting seats closer to the field, especially in the outfield. I'm mentally including the Monster Seats at Fenway in that although it's debatable that the people up there are actually closer to the field than those in the Triangle.
longviewmo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by longviewmo »

chaglang wrote:I've only seen it on tv, but the outfield wall configuration make it look deserted, even when there are 20-30k there. Note to stadium designers: if there are no fans visible in camera shots of the outfielders, you have screwed up. The best renovations in the last 15 years have involved putting seats closer to the field, especially in the outfield. I'm mentally including the Monster Seats at Fenway in that although it's debatable that the people up there are actually closer to the field than those in the Triangle.
The tarps over the entire upper deck don't help either.