Boulevard Beer Now Available in...

Want to talk about your favorite places besides Kansas City? Post any development news or questions about other cities here.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Boulevard Beer Now Available in...

Post by chrizow »

KCPowercat wrote: Good news for opening day.
you can get boulevard beer on tap at the K.  will there be mobile vendors with the aluminum bottles?

awesomely, harry's country club charges almost as much as the K for a boulevard - and the beer tastes better at the K.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I was assuming mobile vendors and also for tailgates. Glass bottles can get tricky at tailgates.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
heatherkay
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: Budweiser Beer Now Available in...

Post by heatherkay »

I just went to go buy a six pack of the Al bottles. Turns out they're only selling them as singles because they are 16 oz.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

I'm still waiting for a 40 of Boulevard.
st steven
Pad site
Pad site

Post by st steven »

Wait, wha?? I know I've had a few (Budweisers, actually) tonight but I guess I'm not getting this thread. I thought you could buy Budweiser. . . . .pretty much anywhere in the country. Maybe not in bars, but certainly in stores.

What am I missing?

EDIT: Oh, right, April Fools and all that. Ha. Ha ha.
First in shoes, first in booze, and last in the American League.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Hell I even keep my Bud in a wine cooler!
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
GuyInLenexa
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by GuyInLenexa »

So nice to drive back to Fort Worth and not have to lug cases of Boulevard back!  Spoke to one of the sales guys at Goody Goody Liquor on Camp Bowie Blvd. in FW and he said it is really selling.  So glad to have it here. 
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

GuyInLenexa wrote: So nice to drive back to Fort Worth and not have to lug cases of Boulevard back!  Spoke to one of the sales guys at Goody Goody Liquor on Camp Bowie Blvd. in FW and he said it is really selling.  So glad to have it here. 
I can find Boulevard pretty regularly at Houston supermarkets although I am yet to see it on tap anywhere here.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

I spotted it in a Food City in far Eastern Tennessee a few weeks ago.  Looked like the Pale Ale was sold out, so it must be catching on.  :D
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: I spotted it in a Food City in far Eastern Tennessee a few weeks ago.  Looked like the Pale Ale was sold out, so it must be catching on.   :D
Even here in TX, the Pale Ale is frequently sold out but I've also seen Wheat and Lunar on offering (Lunar isn't my favorite).  I would like to see it on tap though.

As an aside, is it customary here (the US) not to be offered a glass when buying a bottled premium beer?  Every time I buy a bottle of beer at a restaurant, they bring the bottle and walk away.  A good microbrew should always be consumed from a glass, not a bottle. 
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

Highlander wrote: Even here in TX, the Pale Ale is frequently sold out but I've also seen Wheat and Lunar on offering (Lunar isn't my favorite).  I would like to see it on tap though.

As an aside, is it customary here (the US) not to be offered a glass when buying a bottled premium beer?  Every time I buy a bottle of beer at a restaurant, they bring the bottle and walk away.  A good microbrew should always be consumed from a glass, not a bottle. 
Nope.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Highlander wrote: Even here in TX, the Pale Ale is frequently sold out but I've also seen Wheat and Lunar on offering (Lunar isn't my favorite).  I would like to see it on tap though.

Pet peeve of mine too. I think it's lazy servers or cheep owners. Slightly worse than being served your Scottish brown or stout in a frozen glass
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Probably just servers who don't know enough to realize there is going to be this common difference between microbrew customers and bottle of miller lite customers, who probably look at you funny if you bring them a glass. 
Melling
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by Melling »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: Probably just servers who don't know enough to realize there is going to be this common difference between microbrew customers and bottle of miller lite customers, who probably look at you funny if you bring them a glass. 
Miller Light drinkers are probably just concerned that some of the hops will escape, leaving them with only a double-hops brew.
http://www.wired.com/science/discoverie ... /st_3smart
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Boulevard expanding to Chicago, Pacific  NW

Boulevard Brewing recognized by peers, expands market
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
woodrow
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by woodrow »

8) :D :D 8) :D :lol: :D :) :lol: :P :shock: 8)

I cannot express how THRILLED I am the Boulevard is coming to Chicago. I have waited for this day . . . dreamed of it.  okay, not really dreamed of it, but still, I cannot wait.  They must hurry!!! Now that I know Boulevard is on its way, I am impatient!
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

I occasionally see Boulevard Wheat and Pale Ale on the shelves of grocery stores around Houston.  Recently, Boulevard Irish Ale and Boss Tom Bock have been showing up with some regularity.  I've never heard of Boss Tom Bock until I picked up some in Houston.  It is fantastic.  Now, just get the IPA down here and I will be set. 
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

Highlander wrote: I occasionally see Boulevard Wheat and Pale Ale on the shelves of grocery stores around Houston.  Recently, Boulevard Irish Ale and Boss Tom Bock have been showing up with some regularity.  I've never heard of Boss Tom Bock until I picked up some in Houston.  It is fantastic.  Now, just get the IPA down here and I will be set. 
Boss Tom's is seasonal and always seems to vanish quickly.  Enjoy it while it lasts.
bbqboy
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by bbqboy »

can one of you in-the-know guys tell me who the PNW
distributor might be? I'm guessing columbia, but my beer guy at my store needs to know.thanks.
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by warwickland »

Holy shit, why did it take so long to get into Chicago. Now that Goose Island is tainted, good timing.