Boulevard Beer Now Available in...

Want to talk about your favorite places besides Kansas City? Post any development news or questions about other cities here.
DanCa
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Boulevard Beer Now Available in...

Post by DanCa »

DENVER!  I was shocked yesterday when I ran into a liquor store to pick up some beer and found Boulevard.  I got the Irish Ale, and it's very tasty.  I asked the owner when he started getting Boulevard, and he said just last week.  He also said he was surprised at how well it was selling, and asked me if it had "a following".  He was almost out after only a week.

So I guess they decided to change their rules and sell further away.  Good for me!
zonk
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: Boulevard Beer Now Available in...

Post by zonk »

I could have sworn my wife ordered a "wheat with lemon" several years ago....the bar-tender said "oh....your from KC".  We replied yes how did you know...."only Kansas Citians order fruit in their beer".
DanCa
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by DanCa »

zonk wrote: I could have sworn my wife ordered a "wheat with lemon" several years ago....the bar-tender said "oh....your from KC".  We replied yes how did you know...."only Kansas Citians order fruit in their beer".
Actually that's very common with wheat beer - when I lived in Germany, they did it too.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

DanCa wrote: So I guess they decided to change their rules and sell further away.  Good for me!
Yeah, I heard that they are apparently throwing away the "we will only distribute to X number of states" mandate that they have previously stuck to. 
ignatius
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by ignatius »

Musta been a n
zonk wrote: I could have sworn my wife ordered a "wheat with lemon" several years ago....the bar-tender said "oh....your from KC".  We replied yes how did you know...."only Kansas Citians order fruit in their beer".
Musta been a beer noob.  A lime in most mexi beer is defacto standard.
blujdude87
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by blujdude87 »

I can't believe this! I love Denver, and I almost love Boulevard more!  Now that's the best of both worlds! Hopefully they'll be pumping it out strong when I move there next year.  *Crossing my fingers*
Sportster
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Sportster »

I always used to cringe going to Sturgis for the rally. Oh the rides were fantastic and the Black Hills are great - 'specially when your there with 400,000 others of hte same ilk.
But the absence of good beer sucked - til 2006!
Walked in to the Mangy Moose in Hill City, there it was.
Boulevard.
Most of the bars in Custer had it too, as did a number of bars in Sturgis. (Not the Full Throttle mind you 0 it is after all...a "biker" bar.
The Spoke had it in Sturgis, as did the Knuckle.
Was even able to get it in the fridge at the Mt. Rushmore KOA!
Needless to say - it was a mighty fine trip!

Sportster
...i was a happy biker that year
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

Booulevard has far greater production(+several hundred percent) now than they did when they made those statements about wanted to remain local.
Jess
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Jess »

DanCa wrote: Actually that's very common with wheat beer - when I lived in Germany, they did it too.
Yep, most wheat beers I've had in my life have been commonly served with with a slice of lemon or orange (I hate orange, though), and that was years before I'd ever been to KC or heard of Boulevard. 
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

yeah, i recall in my early days of drinking "good" beer, i would get a new belgium sunshine wheat, which customarily came with an orange slice.  boulevard wheat came with a lemon slice.  at the time i thought it was quite good and refreshing, especially in warm weather.  i would maybe order a wheat + fruit these days, but for some reason i have strong reactions to wheat beer now.  if i drink even one wheat beer, i'll have a headache and feel like shit.  :x
DanCa
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by DanCa »

blujdude87 wrote: I can't believe this! I love Denver, and I almost love Boulevard more!  Now that's the best of both worlds! Hopefully they'll be pumping it out strong when I move there next year.  *Crossing my fingers*
Now if we could just get a Trader Joes here, my world would be complete!

I had another of my Irish Ales last night - I swear it's better than any of the Irish beer I had on St. Patty's Day. 
BEERMAN
Pad site
Pad site

Post by BEERMAN »

boulevard started selling in texas this year as well.  My brother in law lives in austin and now has boul pale ale on tap at all times.
DanCa
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by DanCa »

BEERMAN wrote: boulevard started selling in texas this year as well.  My brother in law lives in austin and now has boul pale ale on tap at all times.
Mmm... There should just be a third handle on the kitchen sink - Hot, Cold, and Boulevard - piped straight in from the brewery.  I checked their website and it still says the same thing about them not expanding beyone KS/MO. 
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

So confirmed:

Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Illinois, Arkansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Minnesota, Tennessee, South Dakota, Wyoming, Colorado, and Texas.

Anybody know any others? Kentucky? Louisiana? New Mexico? Wisconsin?
Midtownkid
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by Midtownkid »

OOh, Tenn.  They are getting closer to Washington!  I wonder if it will ever get here.
KansasCityChiefs
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KansasCityChiefs »

I saw on the Boulevard website recently that they're selling Wheat beer in new 16 oz cans. Has anybody seen these in stores yet or anything?
Kansas City, Bleeding red since 1963.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

KansasCityChiefs wrote: I saw on the Boulevard website recently that they're selling Wheat beer in new 16 oz cans. Has anybody seen these in stores yet or anything?
I think it was aluminum bottles...I'm hoping they have them out in time for opening day
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
Jess
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Jess »

chrizow wrote: yeah, i recall in my early days of drinking "good" beer, i would get a new belgium sunshine wheat, which customarily came with an orange slice.  boulevard wheat came with a lemon slice.  at the time i thought it was quite good and refreshing, especially in warm weather.  i would maybe order a wheat + fruit these days, but for some reason i have strong reactions to wheat beer now.  if i drink even one wheat beer, i'll have a headache and feel like shit.  :x
Gluten intolerance, maybe?  They can develop at any age, really.

I would be sad...wheat beer is my fave.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

KansasCityChiefs wrote: I saw on the Boulevard website recently that they're selling Wheat beer in new 16 oz cans. Has anybody seen these in stores yet or anything?
I think the aluminum bottles are more for like sports and concert venues where glass is persona non-grata.  I don't know that they have any plans of putting them on store shelves. 
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Just found a bizjournal article that said the alum. Bottles would hit store shelves today...and they will be offered in liquor stores, etc. Good news for opening day.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc