Best Skyline Shot?

A place to post and request pictures of Kansas City.
KCDevin

Best Skyline Shot?

Post by KCDevin »

What are the best skyline shots of Kansas City Missouri?
I'd like to know so I can go take photos (of course) :)
Also, does anyone know of a place where I can get Downtown and the Plaza?
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Best Skyline Shot?

Post by QueSi2Opie »

Best skyline shot is from the hill off Cambridge Circle Drive...however, you need to get your shot and go because the security are assholes.
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
KCDevin

Best Skyline Shot?

Post by KCDevin »

how bout from inside the car? ;)
SonicBoi
New York Life
New York Life

Best Skyline Shot?

Post by SonicBoi »

SonicBoi's Photo Tip of the Day:
Never take a great pic from inside a car (unless it is turned off and the window is down). The vibrarions will make the pic soft and the windows will add glare.

BTW, check out this week's KC Photo of the Week by clicking below.
SonicBoi
1 Samuel 18:3-4: And Jonathan made a covenant with David because he loved him as himself. Jonathan took off the robe he was wearing and gave it to David, along with his tunic, and even his sword, his bow and his belt.
KCDevin

Best Skyline Shot?

Post by KCDevin »

yea i looked at it ;) good job :)
also, all the photos i've ever taken (except of those from buildings) are from the car. But the window is down because they are a little tinted.
SonicBoi
New York Life
New York Life

Best Skyline Shot?

Post by SonicBoi »

Just trying to impart some of my learning to y'all. Anywho, my teacher Gary's studio is located on the beautiful Independence Square. Stop by and have some pictures taken.
SonicBoi
1 Samuel 18:3-4: And Jonathan made a covenant with David because he loved him as himself. Jonathan took off the robe he was wearing and gave it to David, along with his tunic, and even his sword, his bow and his belt.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Best Skyline Shot?

Post by chrizow »

why do you only want view from the car?

a lot of the best views of the city are from places inaccessible by car.

i like the view from waterworks park in nkc, but i think everyone knows that one.
KCDevin

Best Skyline Shot?

Post by KCDevin »

well, i was saying just cause of security. i take photos outside like Liberty Memorial.
I'm a little socially challenged if there is such a thing. I am just afraid people will think im weird or something. (such is the mind of a smart kid at school...) I of course worry just because I don't like being made fun of or steriotyped. (I am better than I was a year ago because of my psycologist, which i stopped going nearly a year ago since I was fine)
SonicBoi
New York Life
New York Life

Best Skyline Shot?

Post by SonicBoi »

They won't think you are wierd unless you use a styrofoam cup to use your camera as an incidental light meter.

Moron: "Hew dumb a** you forgot to take of the cup. HAHAHA"
SonicBoi: (to myself) "That's so my pictures don't look like the [expletive deleted] that you take."

WinCup: Unintentionally helping photographers for over 10 years.
SonicBoi
scooterj
Ambassador

Best Skyline Shot?

Post by scooterj »

CLASSIC.... I thought I was the only person who gets very self conscious about being seen taking pictures of things in public.

I'm always afraid people are going to think I'm some sort of nut, freak, oddball, nerd, or security risk for wanting a picture of whatever I'd taking a picture of, so it's often either a drive-by or a look over the shoulder, snap quickly, and move on sort of deal.

It's a very weird phobia, if you can call it that. I wonder if there is a name for it?

I also was "the smart kid" in high school, but that was coming up on 20 years ago and so you'd think shouldn't still be a factor anymore.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Best Skyline Shot?

Post by QueSi2Opie »

KCDevin wrote:well, i was saying just cause of security.
I think if you drive up during the day, you'll be fine. It's a great view of both Crown Center and Downtown together. Plus if you look to the Northwest you can see the West Bottoms and downtown KCK from the same hill. It was a great spot for makin' out with your chic at night until the security got tight.

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Best Skyline Shot?

Post by bahua »

I like the view of downtown from the Paseo overpass on US-71.

Also, if you can find a place where you can get a view like the one you get from I-35, just south of downtown, I'd recommend that.

I always feel strange taking pictures of normal things, too, but for fear that people will think I'm a tourist.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Best Skyline Shot?

Post by QueSi2Opie »

bahua wrote:Also, if you can find a place where you can get a view like the one you get from I-35, just south of downtown, I'd recommend that.
The hill off Cambridge Circle Drive!!! ](*,)

rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

Best Skyline Shot?

Post by rxlexi »

I know it's generic, but pics from the top of Liberty Memorial would be awesome. The view is incredible. Costs two bucks to go up.

Alexi
are we spinning free?
eliphar17
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Best Skyline Shot?

Post by eliphar17 »

I always love coming back from a Royals game on I-70 from the east, passing the Post Office facility, and looking to the west to see the skyline spread out across the window. I think there are other views that are prettier (looking up SW Boulevard from I-35) but none is more majestic. It's especially striking on those hazy summer nights.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Best Skyline Shot?

Post by bahua »

QueSi2Opie wrote:
bahua wrote:Also, if you can find a place where you can get a view like the one you get from I-35, just south of downtown, I'd recommend that.
The hill off Cambridge Circle Drive!!! ](*,)
That's too far to the southwest. I was thinking more like the view from that weird-shaped white "house" that's right next to I-35, south of downtown, near the 20th St exit.