Eggstc

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Re: Eggstc

Post by beautyfromashes »

Bar 180, good Saturday/Sunday brunch and almost never a wait.  The French toast is really good.
ignatius
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by ignatius »

^I've been wanting to try that.  What kind of items? 

I usually don't bother with Eggstc on weekends, too busy.  Will usually hit Tomato or El Rancho in Westport for a decent huevos chorizo, but they don't open til 11a.
AJoD
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by AJoD »

Not usually a wait for bluestem's Sunday brunch either, and not terribly expensive, you might spend 10 bucks more than at First Watch for 2 people.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

I've heard Bluestems brunch is good as well.  I think the point is, if you're in the know, you shouldn't have to experience a huge wait for a breakfast or Sunday brunch.
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

Southwest Benny at eggs yesterday. Delicious!!
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

Ig, what did you smoke with your breakfast this morning?  You betta have some Thai for lunch to keep the colors heightened.
ignatius
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by ignatius »

On a posting kick that describes a place through song....

http://songza.com/z/okw8zp

i hate the stones, except for this tune. this is the dichotomy that happens when Iggy runs into Brookside classic rockers and discusses at the counter the role of govt and the destructive impact catholics have on tribal cultures and how they were self-sufficient beforehand but after the catholics get ahold of them, they're then poor and dependent on the system and all that.  great counter conversations here.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

Tosspot wrote: Even at First Watch of all places up on Westport Rd, the waits for breakfast on weekends are irritating. Frequently fifteen or twenty minutes sitting or standing around.
Our retiree group eats there fairly often on a Sat. without any problems.  Of course we are there at 9:00 so maybe it is the late folks who have to wait.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

aknowledgeableperson wrote: Our retiree group eats there fairly often on a Sat. without any problems.  Of course we are there at 9:00 so maybe it is the late folks who have to wait.
The waits get worse and worse by 10 AM on. Seems though like I've even had a few minutes of waiting before ten though a time or two. Funny to think you and I might have been dining next to each other at one point... I live a couple blocks over - you should come by for tea and crumpets, AKP!

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Ah, the damn retirees are slowing the place down!!! First senior citizen discounts for the wealthiest Americans and now clogging the best tables at all the breakfast places.  &&&&
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

beautyfromashes wrote: Ah, the damn retirees are slowing the place down!!! First senior citizen discounts for the wealthiest Americans and now clogging the best tables at all the breakfast places.  &&&&
Leave it to AKP to cause problems for the rest of us!

8-[

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Now open in Shawnee
Minsky?s Pizza guru Gregg Johnson has opened one of his Eggtc. concepts in Shawnee.

The breakfast/lunch operation is in the Midland Shops, 7182 Renner Road.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
jdubwaldo
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by jdubwaldo »

We have gotten to eggtc at a bit before 8:30 for no wait then just before 9 the place is just completely jammed.

WHY am I telling people this?  :)
Jess
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Jess »

We were amazed when we were able to get a seat with no wait at all the morning of the St. Patrick's Day parade. It was reasonably full, but no wait.  We also hadn't been  in months (since we moved out of that part of town), and they appeared to have somebody competent doing seating, which wasn't always the case when we were frequent diners.