Any bar photo pages for Kansas City?

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
Cyburbia
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Cyburbia »

Maybe this is a Buffalo thing .... web sites with galleries containing hundreds of pictures, documenting the city's nightlife on an almost daily basis. There's Buffalo Barfly and Urban Buffalo (more of an African-American focus, but definitely not race exclusive), and probably more than I haven't found.

Buffalo does have a disturbingly healthy nightlife. Much as I love Kansas City and think that it's a much more liveable city than my hometown, Buffalo's nightlife districts -- Chippewa Street (downtown), Allentown (just north of downtown), and Elmwood Village (three miles of bars, restaurants, clubs, funky stores, coffee houses and so on) being the biggies -- put Westport to shame. Still, I'm surprised someone hasn't started a KC nightlife Web site like the ones linked above.

Nero fiddled while Rome burned. In Buffalo, the city's Gen-Xers and Gen-Yers drink themselves into a stupor and dream of moving to Charlotte.

In Buffalo drinking outdoors in public is allowed during certain occasions, but otherwise it's just tolerated, though technically illegal. Chippewa Street can be like Bourbon Street in New Orleans, depending on the police presence that night and whether the street is blocked off or not. Last call is 4:00 AM, every night. There's also weekly free concerts downtown at Ellicott Square, which can make things wilder. Downtown Buffalo has a little bit of retail and a LOT of bars and restaurants, but fewer lofts than KC.
Cyburbia - The Urban Planning Portal
http://www.cyburbia.org
http://www.cyburbia.org/forums
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Post by QueSi2Opie »

Only individual nightclubs have pictures of peeps enjoyin' themselves...Club Oxygen (XO), Hurricane, etc. KC's idea of nightlife is dining out...that's why we're such a FAT city! I think it would be an excellent idea to create a nightlife photo page for KC...but we'd need to make it good and make sure it's accessible from Yahoo, Excite and so on. I think a great unbias nightlife photo page would take some time...you'd not only want to capture street scenes in Westport, but also go in all the clubs to photograph the crowds. I think I'd start with pages for Downtown (City Market, Downtown, Southwest Blvd) and Midtown (39th/Westport/Plaza). Has anyone heard about a multi-level dance club called Palladium Complex which is suppose to open March 14th, 2003?
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Palladium Complex ? Haven't heard...location?

When I'm at the bars I don't want to be running around snapping pictures....but I agree, somebody should start a "KCbars.com or something.....

now there are more places to go out than Westport you know....but sounds like Buffalo is doing it up right....seems odd since it's cold/snowy a lot in the winter, seems like it would be hard to get people out in that kind of weather.

I think a bigger UMKC crowd would really help.....if they could attract a younger student body, that always helps the bars.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
KCgridlock

Post by KCgridlock »

Buffalo has some hotties too I see.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Post by QueSi2Opie »

Aye, one time I took the video camara to Westport to capture a street scene in KC's premier nightlife district for my friend in NYC. Girls will do some crazy things when they're on camara :D Jus' go there with your camara and tell all the chics you're workin' on a KC nightlife webpage for locals & visitors...I'm sure many will give you some interestin' poses.
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.