Taco 4 Life

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Taco 4 Life

Post by mgsports »

KCMO next year.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Re: Taco 4 Life

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Why do these tex mex chains try to come into kc, they will just fail cause KC has its own unique Taco/Tex Mex type cuisine history or is stuck in its old ways (Chiptole seems to thrive here compared to other cities),

Our Dubious history with new Tex Mex type places coming into this market recently
Taco Beuno all gone (I actually loved this place, the salsa bar they had was amazing)
Chuys closed a location
freebirds was a flop
Pancheros (I think its an Iowa Chain) closed up in the area,

One newer chain that seems to have survived is Fuzzy's and think it kind of sucks
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Theirs still a Pancheros near 87th Street and Overland Park Parkway aka 69 Highway.
Del Taco but might be the same as Taco Bell and Johns.
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

I loved Taco Bueno and Freebirds. In both cases I think those companies got out over their skies a bit when they went to expanding into new markets. Freebirds tried to compete with Chipotle on more of a national scale and lost on top of some other business turmoil. Taco Bueno had some of the same issues, but I was surprised they did not leave at least a few locations in the metro. They went with the oversaturation model and it did not end well.

However with Taco Bueno they may return to the market as overall I think people enjoyed them as an option. Plus we do Have Taco John's in some spots which is pretty good. Would like to get a Del Taco as well. Plus I think as our population grows there will be more opportunities for things. Interesting to note, Jack in the Box's return to the Metro has gone well, despite not having 1 location within the KCMO proper, They are all on the outskirts. In fact Clay & Platte county have none and the only ones in Jackson county are in the Eastern suburbs of Blue Springs and Lee Summit. Curious as to perhaps there being some people in the Metro that have "blocking rights" of some sort that prevent franchises from coming in. Jersey Mike's is another similar setup. But all in all as we continue to grow and grow our income we will see more brands get into the market. The companies just need to be smart about it and not expand too fast
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Miss original Mesa Wraps in Westport, KC hasn't had one that fresh since. Fresh burrito counters with wide variety of wraps and grilled meats are pretty common elsewhere but KC seems to love Chipotle so they dominate. Otherwise KCK kills it with street taco counters.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Milios? Cousins Subs? DkM Burger? Theirs others near by that might want to come.