Canary

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Canary

Post by DaveKCMO »

We've started dining indoors since we're both vaccinated. Maybe once a week until the local situation actually improves, rather than just plateaus.

So... we had dinner at Canary tonight. Very good. Impressive space. I love that it doesn't avoid Main Street. Rooftop opening soon, as well as some outdoor tables at the street level in between buildings.

Recommend!
mykn

Re: Canary

Post by mykn »

Can second this, we've been there 3 or 4 times since opening, cocktails are fantastic and everything we've eaten there has been excellent. Definitely try the hummus!
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

The Business Journal is reporting there are new operators for Canary.
Kansas City’s Canary rooftop bar and restaurant has new operators and a new name.

Music producer and songwriter Joe Macklin and two silent partners took over operations earlier this month and have rebranded the downstairs restaurant as Boho Sway at Canary and the rooftop bar as The Nest at Canary.
Although Macklin was a restaurant manager years ago, he’s spent his career in the music industry, where he’s known as “Jo Blaq.” He co-founded Kansas City-based music label Distrkct and has worked on projects for artists such as Ariana Grande, Jill Scott and Justin Bieber. He was a vocal producer on Grande’s “My Everything” album, which was Grammy nominated for best pop vocal album in 2015.

Lately, Macklin has been using his music prowess to organize open-mic nights for area restaurants, including food hall Parlor, to build brand awareness and attract more patrons. For The Nest at Canary, he plans to host live music featuring a variety of genres two to three times a week.
The new operators have reconfigured the downstairs restaurant to create a lounge vibe and added TVs to the bar so people can watch local professional sports. Don’t think of it as a sports bar, however, he said. They want to make it feel intimate with a Miami vibe.

The rooftop bar now has more furniture and heating lamps to allow patrons to enjoy the views throughout the year. During the winter, the new operators plan to install four to five faux igloos that parties can reserve.

Macklin said they plan to have the restaurant and bar fully operational by Dec. 1.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

^ I’ve never physically cringed so many different times reading one article.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Yeah, I don't think I'll be back... ever. But happy 39th & Main can sustain such a thing?
FlippantCitizen
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by FlippantCitizen »

An intimate, Miami vibe bar where you'll watch sports but you shouldn't think of as a sport bar. Add in the name which sounds more like a fashion boutique and you've got concept that seems just all over the place. Best of luck but this makes no sense.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

"faux igloos" ouch.
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

Doing lines in a fauxgloo is totes Miami nice.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

beautyfromashes wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:32 pm "faux igloos" ouch.
If it’s what I think it is, These are pretty popular at high end places. See these in London, NYC, even St. Louis and Kansas City MO.