Apparently KCK becoming known for Mexican Food

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Apparently KCK becoming known for Mexican Food

Post by Highlander »

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brandonsch ... b37be4ebff

Taco capital of the US acc/to Forbes.

A great mexican fish place (Jarocho's) is in Armourdale.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Re: Apparently KCK becoming known for Mexican Food

Post by brewcrew1000 »

The funny thing is kck is not really seen as a taco place to go in its own metro among suburban/general people, that honor goes to SW Blvd cause of Manny's, Margaritas and Ponaks.

There is so much in KCK, it really does rival a big metro. Bichlemeyers on Taco Saturday is a great spot. Jaracho has great seafood. Hell El Pollo Rey might not even be the best wood fired chicken, there are a lot of smaller places that do chicken. The Mexican grocery store El Rio Bravo does a great chicken, some of the bodegas do carne asada on the grill and it is excellent. KCK is so vastly underrated.
Last edited by brewcrew1000 on Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

SW Blvd is mostly 3rd gen or gringo Mex, aka KC CheezMex. KCK the real deal.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:45 pm The funny thing is kck is not really seen as a taco place to go in its own metro among suburban/general people, that honor goes to SW Blvd cause of Manny's, Margaritas and Ponaks.

There is so much in KCK, it really does rival a big metro. Bichlemeyers on Taco Saturday is a great spot. Jaracho has great seafood. Hell El Pollo Rey might not even be the best wood fired chicken, there are a lot of smaller places that do chicken. The Mexican grocery store El Rio Bravo does a great chicken, some of the bodegas do carne asada on the grill and that is great. KCK is so vastly underrated.
I guess many suburbanites would not feel comfortable in much of KCK. Jarocho's recognized that and opened a place at 103rd and State Line (where they charge more for their food as well). I don't think any of the SW boulevard Mexcan restaurants are standouts. El Patron probably my favorite among these.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Carnicería y Tortilleria San Antonio reminds me of some markets in Yucatan/Quintana Roo side of Mexico. We've roamed via local buses through those states down into Belize and Guatemala. Lots of markets at bus stops like this place, food vendors would walk up to the buses with large platters loaded with hand/street eats. We make the trip to pickup the fresh made tortillas at San Antonios (steaming in bag) when doing our own mexi night, especially for puerco pibil!
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

SW BLVDs best taco joint is Tacos El Gallo.
wahoowa
Ambassador

Post by wahoowa »

wyandotte county is the crown jewel of the state of kansas. i like tacos