City Corridor Happy Hour Deals

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

City Corridor Happy Hour Deals

Post by earthling »

What are some good happy hour deals worth checking out around downtown/midtown/Plaza/Bside/Waldo?
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Re: City Corridor Happy Hour Deals

Post by kcjak »

Westport Cafe steak/frites for $12 and mussels for $8 from 4-6.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Someone mentioned $4 Tank 7 at Milwaukee Deli for HH and on Mondays.

Afterword has $2 yard beers and discount on flatbreads.

KC Taco has $6 ~20 oz maggies and half off appz.

Does Extra Virgin still have half off some small plates? Has been a while since I've been.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

kcjak wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:18 pm Westport Cafe steak/frites for $12 and mussels for $8 from 4-6.
They also do a steak and all u can eat frites for 15 all day on tuesdays
wahoowa
Ambassador

Post by wahoowa »

charisse has a pretty good slate of snacks from $3-5-7 each, drinks too. 4-6 M-F. lamb sliders pretty good value quantity/dollar.

ice house will feed you "sliders" that are almost too much food for $5 a pop, again drinks too. i believe 2-6 M-F. look to be basically more their taco-ish stuff than straight smoked meats.

affare's happy hour menu is expansive, has some good values and also just some interesting food. $5 hofbrau, warsteiner. 4-6 M-F

saucer all draft beers $4, 4-7 every day and all day monday

i am informed that majestic's happy hour food offerings are a good value. 2-6 M-F.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

Antler Room has $6 HH cocktails that are strong and delicious, and I think they do HH on the weekends too. Also wine specials.
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

Parlor has a good happy hour and it's all day Monday.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

In Williamsburg Brooklyn, there's a fun bar called Alligator Lounge, free 8-9" brick oven cheese pizza with every drink (about $5-$6 for local beers), $1 for each ingredient. Not sure how they pull that off given energy it takes to keep oven hot. Not a big place, like Cigar Box or MKE Deli. Would be great if a KC pizza joint could pull that off.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

i went to a bar like that in Albany NY, which served free small cheese pizzas with every beer. pretty cool concept.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Extra virgin has some.of the best specials depending on the night. Thursday for example is half off rose bottles.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

chrizow wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:01 am i went to a bar like that in Albany NY, which served free small cheese pizzas with every beer. pretty cool concept.
If a Brooklyn bar can pull it off with much higher rents, would think a KC pizza bar could as well.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

This isn't really a happy hour deal but Affare has a new special called Sunday Night dinner. It's 25 bucks per person and depending on the number of people who do it you get a huge ass salad, a choice of another huge side, veggies and a choice of 3 meats. Some bottles of wine are 20 bucks and desserts are 5. We can't wait to go back another Sunday. We took our kids and they loved it. The kids just ordered off the kids menu and my wife and I just got the Sunday dinner and if the kids didn't eat some of the meats we would have had leftovers for sure.
I think its a great for groups of people, if say 8 ordered the sunday dinner you would basically get 2 or 3 huge salads to share, a bunch of huge side dishes and a ton of meat to share - The meats are basically the same each week and they are some kind of german meatball, Brats and Schnitzel plus are rotating weekly special.