Various restaurants coming to City

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Re: Various restaurants coming to City

Post by beautyfromashes »

Anybody been to Panthers Place yet?
TrolliKC
Supporter

Post by TrolliKC »

grovester wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:19 pm
TrolliKC wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:00 pm
brewcrew1000 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:19 am ^That location on Broadway is so tough but maybe a restaurant will do better than just a bar/music venut
closed on Monday or I would eat there tonight
I read it's closed MTW.
Yes ended up going to Streetcar Grille, it's okay....
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

beautyfromashes wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:37 pm Anybody been to Panthers Place yet?
What is it?
wahoowa
Ambassador

Post by wahoowa »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:19 am ^That location on Broadway is so tough but maybe a restaurant will do better than just a bar/music venut
that was my immediate reaction too, but having walked over there from up/down on a friday night i'm more optimistic. as long as people remember it exists i think it will be okay in the short/medium term. it's the same distance (0.9 miles/18 min walk) from town pavilion to grinders as it is from town pavilion to grad school.

if anything, i'd criticize their signage. i knew what i was looking for and exactly where it was and standing across broadway from it and scheming my jaywalk i was only 90% sure i was looking at the correct building. the signs are probably positioned better for car traffic which makes sense, but they're still a bit underwhelming imo.
grovester wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:19 pm Yes ended up going to Streetcar Grille, it's okay....
interested in a bit more color. the star preview made it sound like a hybrid applebees/rockhill grille to me, and their photos did not spark joy...
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

TrolliKC wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:55 am

I read it's closed MTW.
I found it very Cashew-ish. It will be a hit across from Hampton, accessible and good for families/groups.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Gordon Ramsey coming to town.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

mgsports wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:37 pm Gordon Ramsey coming to town.
The Guy Fieri of Fine Dining
TrolliKC
Supporter

Post by TrolliKC »

grovester wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:06 am
I read it's closed MTW.
I found it very Cashew-ish. It will be a hit across from Hampton, accessible and good for families/groups.

That’s a good description. Sat at the bar. Bartender was friendly. Had the spinach chicken salad. The chicken was moist but the raspberry vinaigrette was way too sweet. A big tv on every possible wall - so probably a good place to watch a game
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

But he's bring his Steakhouse but not to Johnson County area.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I read it's closed MTW.
StreetCar Grill Must be struggling, its already on restaurant.com - I always felt like the restaurants were subpar (There were some gems on there back in the day) but the restaurants make absolutely no money from going on restaurant.com - Its like a poor mans groupon
https://www.restaurant.com/streetcar-gr ... pid=399357
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Went to StreetCar Grill last night using that restaurant.com certificate, i really enjoyed it and we all loved our food. Found the place very generic inside, it should do fine with the hotel across the street but it felt like one of those generic bar/grills you see in downtown locations all over the US that are usually attached to hotels, wonder if the owners have some kind of ties to the hotel or some kind of deal with them, like maybe Hilton Diamond members can get a free drink at this place, percentage off for food, etc.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

A restaurant with no chef, no real history, and a generic sports bar menu can't just open and expect to be full in the first month. There is just too much competition now.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

watcher64110
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by watcher64110 »

We went to Streetcar Grille after a show and at first I was glad they were still serving food (sometimes tricky later) which seemed decent and reasonably priced, but my Tank 7 served in the typical small tulip glass was a nasty surprise at $9. (Draft beer prices were not listed...I mean it's a basic sports bar, not a high end cocktail lounge...or an airport, lol) Am I a grumpy out of touch old man now, or is that outrageously expensive? It left me more than a little grouchy which is a shame. I'm not usually that price sensitive either. As a nearby worker who was hoping to recommend it to colleagues, it was disappointing. I told them so point blank, which I never do. Next time I'll just head home and drink on my deck...my mood will be better at the end of the night.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

^I paid 11 for a crane teaweiss at streetcar. I was pissed but I have paid 9 for a 16oz tank 7 before at Johnnie's in Shawnee
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

I tried Fox and Pearl last night. This is easily top 3 resto's in the city for me right now. Maybe tops overall. Loved everything about it. Very cool space, great menu, great drinks, and great service.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

^agreed, it is fantastic. The 2 levels give very different vibes.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Absolutely loved fox and pearl. The bar downstairs is fun
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

watcher64110 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:59 pm We went to Streetcar Grille after a show and at first I was glad they were still serving food (sometimes tricky later) which seemed decent and reasonably priced, but my Tank 7 served in the typical small tulip glass was a nasty surprise at $9. (Draft beer prices were not listed...I mean it's a basic sports bar, not a high end cocktail lounge...or an airport, lol) Am I a grumpy out of touch old man now, or is that outrageously expensive? It left me more than a little grouchy which is a shame. I'm not usually that price sensitive either. As a nearby worker who was hoping to recommend it to colleagues, it was disappointing. I told them so point blank, which I never do. Next time I'll just head home and drink on my deck...my mood will be better at the end of the night.
9 for tank 7 is reasonable
watcher64110
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by watcher64110 »

Wow, really? For me $5-7 reasonable for a full pint of decent craft beer (and I know I've had a Tank 7 for less then $9 elsewhere; you never get a full pint of course.) I guess I'm going to have to start asking for beer pricing before I order anything these days. I mean I like beer but I don't like any beer THAT much.

Now get off my lawn.