Villa Capri to move from downtown OP

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Villa Capri to move from downtown OP

Post by mgsports »

slimwhitman
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Re: 10421 Mastin

Post by slimwhitman »

Please rename this thread: Villa Capri to move from downtown OP

That move is a death sentence. How can this make any sense at all? Map the address....it has no visibility and is itself in a declining area. https://www.google.com/maps/@38.941753, ... 3INGLA!2e0

The only benefit is the College Blvd lunch crowd...if they can find them back there.

What set V.C. from any other mid-range Italian restaurant?...NOSTALGIA! They will lose that in the new location and be dead in 2 years.

I would much rather see them build on the kitchy vintage flair that exists in the current building, but clean it up a bit and fix the deteriorating structure and parking. Don't try to be updated, just try to be authentic to the early years, wood paneling and all. That is all they got to set them apart. Tell a story worth hearing, and keep the food decent.

I have to assume there is a developer that wants to buy this lot or the new landlord is a jerk. That is the only remote thing that makes sense.

Sad.
Last edited by slimwhitman on Mon May 05, 2014 1:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
bbqboy
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by bbqboy »

I took Mary Blackburn there for 9th grade spring dance.1966. Yikes!
Eon Blue
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Eon Blue »

Lamenting the decline of the north Metcalf corridor while chasing the sprawl that caused it.

Yup.
UMKCroo
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by UMKCroo »

Eon Blue wrote:Lamenting the decline of the north Metcalf corridor while chasing the sprawl that caused it.

Yup.
=D>

Couldn't have said it better!
chingon
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chingon »

Eon Blue wrote:Lamenting the decline of the north Metcalf corridor while chasing the sprawl that caused it.

Yup.
And not chasing it far enough, to boot...
kansas
Pad site
Pad site

Re: Villa Capri to move from downtown OP

Post by kansas »

They have to have lost their lease. But hey, I'll eat there more now. since they will be close to my house.