flaming lips - 4/23 @ sandstone

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

flaming lips - 4/23 @ sandstone

Post by DaveKCMO »

tix on sale this saturday. is there a way to get out there without a car?
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Re: flaming lips - 4/23 @ sandstone

Post by grovester »

with deadweather!
midtown
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by midtown »

with Dead Weather, Minus the Bear, and White Rabbits.  For about $31.  I'll be there.

This is what I mean in the Phoenix thread - this show is worth way more than Phoenix + $4.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

midtown wrote: with Dead Weather, Minus the Bear, and White Rabbits.  For about $31.  I'll be there.

This is what I mean in the Phoenix thread - this show is worth way more than Phoenix + $4.
To you maybe. I'd pay much more to see a band I like at a venue like The Uptown.

Sandstone is consistently my least favorite in the city. There are maybe five bands in the world I would pay to see there - other than that - I won't go.
If it doesn't have street-level retail, it's an abortion.
LindseyLohan
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by LindseyLohan »

So it's just General Admission? Besides the $125 box seats. I'm really kinda over fighting my way to the front and the sound system sucks in the backlawn. I hate sandstone but I've always wanted to see them...this is going to be a tough decision. I'm not giving $125 a pop to that craphole to make sure I'm semi comfortable...

Do they use the same sound system for every show? Or will they bring something that sounds decent through the whole venue?
kucer
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by kucer »

midtown wrote: with Dead Weather, Minus the Bear, and White Rabbits.  For about $31.  I'll be there.

Ticket prices as whole really suck nowadays.

The opener for Phoenix is pretty good as well.  Two Door Cinema.

2 good bands, way better venue, way better location > 4 bands, crap venue, crap location

Do you have to pay for parking as well at Sandstone or is it included in ticket?