COVID-19 Casualties

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
taxi
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Re: COVID-19 Casualties

Post by taxi »

KC Pinoy

brewcrew1000
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by brewcrew1000 »

taxi wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:38 am
KC Pinoy
That place always had weird hours, i wanted to go several times pre covid but were never open

snigglefritz
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by snigglefritz »

taxi wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:38 am
KC Pinoy
Such a bummer. It's getting harder to find a place that does really good Bao buns without being crazy overpriced.

scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

DaveKCMO wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:10 pm
KCPowercat wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:47 pm
Clubhouse Experience (although not sure how much COVID19 impacted them)
Bummer. That outdoor space never caught on. At least they built out a full kitchen so filling the space should be easier.
That outdoor space probably could have saved them from covid if it were done better. But the way it was set up made it feel too disconnected. That's more the fault of the original architect of the building than the business itself, as the bar space is sunken at a lower level than the courtyard, with indirect access to the outside. What's needed is a sliding or garage style entrance that can be fully opened right where where that landscaping or that sofa is, in order to integrate the bar area with the courtyard. The existing entrances are completely isolated from the bar.

DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Doesn't appear that Charisse is open. Their last social post is early August, no reservations on Tock, and the phone number doesn't ring through.

wahoowa
New York Life
New York Life

Post by wahoowa »

i think i saw a charisse social media post that said they were going to press pause and reserve capital for a real reopening when things got closer to normal. my walking around impression of their business is that it's heavily reliant on business lunch traffic so it makes sense that they called it off for now because that's just not happening.

KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Yup I remember seeing that. Hopefully they can make it back. Need the bankers back in the office to float them at lunch.