Let your displeasure be known!

Find out what's going on in the Sunflower State's portions of the Metro here.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

Go to this URL.

http://www.olatheks.org/Government/council.cfm

It contains the e-mail addresses of all Olathe City Councilmembers.

Let them know how you regard their wreckless attempts to thwart urban core development of KCMO.

I'd like to know what type of response any of you receive.
One State. One Spirit. One Mizzou. 05.22.2011  RIP Rusty, Harli and Hayze
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

I wouldn't waste my time with those "know-nothings." They've already got a enough to worry about (i.e. the Great Mall).
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

trailerkid wrote:I wouldn't waste my time with those "know-nothings." They've already got a enough to worry about (i.e. the Great Mall).
As I expected.....trailerkid is REAL good at espousing his wealth of knowledge that he believes can affect change on these forums -even to the point of openly and unabashedly taking shots at one of the metros finer communities, BUT won't dare walk into the teeth of the frontline movers and shakers when the opportunity is giftwrapped with a bow and handed directly to him.

All TALK.....NO ACTION.
Good2Great
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Good2Great »

You know I'm not a JoCo guy, but have you stopped to consider that they really aren't out to thward urban development as much as they are out to spur their own development?
KCSKYSCRAPERS changed my life. I was on the edge until I visited this site. Now I find myself longing to dive off a 60 story building onto a frozen fountain paying tribute to the St. Louis Arch.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

Good2Great wrote:You know I'm not a JoCo guy, but have you stopped to consider that they really aren't out to thward urban development as much as they are out to spur their own development?
Hmmmmmm.....you've got my attention. Go on, I'm listening. I think you're on to a simple truth there, G2G. I thought this was a "given". Perhaps I was wrong.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

Whoa....it's 1130....I'm gonna go fart in the covers....

Talk to you fellow internet forum geeks tomorrow. 8)
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Only thing I wish is the metro area would get under some sort of non-compete where we quit actively soliciting companies from other parts of the metro. This bidding between states, counties, cities is a net zero gain for the metro. We need to be pursuing outside companies, not one that's on the other side of the state.

Waddell is a perfect example...they are playing KS/MO for the best deal. I guess it's better than them playing MO or KS vs. TX for a better deal but still.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

KC wrote:Only thing I wish is the metro area would get under some sort of non-compete where we quit actively soliciting companies from other parts of the metro. This bidding between states, counties, cities is a net zero gain for the metro. We need to be pursuing outside companies, not one that's on the other side of the state.

Waddell is a perfect example...they are playing KS/MO for the best deal. I guess it's better than them playing MO or KS vs. TX for a better deal but still.
I understand the logic in your statement regarding "non-compete". It sounds logical.

But here's a thought. Why is Olathe and the rest of JoCo under fire for doing things the City of KCMO is too apathetic to consider doing?

KCMO is slothful, full of political disunity. Nobody can get on the same page. There is an apparent lack of vision. If KCMO won't move proactively to create jobs, a strong inner core, etc through new initiatives aided by tax breaks and the like, WHY WOULDN'T burgeoning communities like Olathe, OP and others run with the ball that KCMO fumbled?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I think it's bad where ever it's done, not just JOCO.....Waddell & Reed is a perfect example.....I don't think KCMO should be cutting their wrists to get them if they are staying in OP.

Now I'd much rather have them in a big tower downtown, but hell I'd take them in a big tower in KCK as well.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc