Metro North Mall

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: Metro North Mall

Post by dukuboy1 »

Lol, the cow is staying I'm sure, as it is not the G-Men's to take. As for what will happen to the building I'm not sure. Its owned by the Federal Gov't I'm sure so who knows what the GSA will decide to do with. Apartments would be a good fit, but I'm not sure what height requirements you have there as it is on a direct landing pattern with downtown airport
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

They might move another government agency into that building.
jbean3535
Pad site
Pad site

Post by jbean3535 »

Whataburger is confirmed to be coming to Metro North Crossing

https://fox4kc.com/news/whataburger-exp ... northland/
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

Next we need a Jack in the Box & Taco John’s
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Del Taco,Andys,Andy's,Pizza Ranch,Portillo's,Splangers,Chicken Salad Chick,DKM Burger,Capriotti's and so on.
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

Portillo's in KC would be amazing and I would sub out Del Taco for Taco Johns if needed
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

Well just saw that FBI is not going into a new spec building at Metro North cross development. That is a shame, could have been a nice business tenant there to provide people throughout the day for dining and entertainment. Going over off 1112th St & Prairie view. Not ideal,
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Yes, the Metro North location would have at least placed those FBI employees near restaurants and retail.

The location on Prairie View Road really doesn't do much to raise up a retail node.
CorneliusFB
Pad site
Pad site

Post by CorneliusFB »

The Prairie View road location is right by Scott’s. That is a thousand times better than red lobster, Olive Garden and anything else at Metro North.
TrolliKC
Supporter

Post by TrolliKC »

Is the new FBI site an existing building? What was there before?
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

The General Services Administration has awarded a $102.1 million, 20-year lease for the FBI's new-build Kansas City field office on a Northland site just east of Kansas City International Airport.

The GSA, which manages federal real estate, on Thursday finalized a lease agreement for the FBI to take about 14.3 acres at the southwest corner of 112th Street and Interstate 29, with frontage along Prairie View Road, a spokeswoman confirmed in an email.
https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... hland.html

Northland has over 40% Class A vacancy depending on how measured, worst in metro, so curious they didn't take advantage of that. OTOH wouldn't be surprising if FBI has special requirements so would want newly built to their own specs and be as close to airport as possible.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

They have to control their perimeter, and be able to lock down the building from attack. I think they also need a garage setup for their specialty vehicles, and equipment. They likely need to have some space in the building that cannot be surveilled, and a place for a backup power generator. I think they also need enough space so all the staffs' personal vehicles are parked within the security perimeter while at work.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

^Yeah figured something along those lines and that they can maybe more effectively do this with newly built than trying to retrofit existing leased buildings. We might see more Fed downtown jobs that may have future specialty security requirements move out as well... perhaps the new FBI location will build up into a general Federal complex of various divisions.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mBENTx ... p=drivesdk Metro North and Green Hills Plaza 3rd Plat on it.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

FangKC wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:14 am They have to control their perimeter, and be able to lock down the building from attack. I think they also need a garage setup for their specialty vehicles, and equipment. They likely need to have some space in the building that cannot be surveilled, and a place for a backup power generator. I think they also need enough space so all the staffs' personal vehicles are parked within the security perimeter while at work.
You almost exactly described the USDA building out at 63rd and 435.
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

CorneliusFB wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:05 pm The Prairie View road location is right by Scott’s. That is a thousand times better than red lobster, Olive Garden and anything else at Metro North.
Yes those options are there now but with the new development it may have spurred new things to become tenants. Having a a large "office tenant" would have made leasing the retail space a little easier, knowing you would not only have residential in the mix but a few hundred employees their during the day utilizing services, etc.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

Not the greatest view but it shows how little is on the site