I-29 new agribusiness power corridor???

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
KCgridlock

Post by KCgridlock »

Went to KCI this weekend and noticed how many of the I-29 office buildings have agribusiness tenants. I mean a lot of them. From Farmland to Dairy Farmers to Livestock Exchange and many more. It's just interesting, I'm not saying it's a bad thing or anything, it's just kind of interesting how the area has become quite the agribusiness corridor.
KCforumer

Post by KCforumer »

If this were the case along I-35 in Johnson County, you would talk down on it. :roll:
KCgridlock

Post by KCgridlock »

KCforumer wrote:If this were the case along I-35 in Johnson County, you would talk down on it. :roll:
I didn't talk up or down on it, just stating an observation.

BTW, I don't have a problem with the College Blvd. office corridor, (with the exception of Sprint, they could have done much better). KC needs high quality suburban office districts. I have only stated that I don't like how JoCo pulls away from the rest of the metro and has little interest in metro cooperation and have the least amount of KCMO pride among the suburbs. And yea, I do think having office jobs along the I-29 corridor is better overall for the health and future of the metropolitan area than if the same jobs were along I-35. But have nothing against I-35 or the office parks along it.

I can talk down on it as well, but held back. My thoughts when driving the area were, what do first time visitors think of KC when they fly in, seeing nothing but farms along KCI flight paths and then all the agribusinesses along I-29 into the city. But I figured I was reading too much into that and accept the fact that KC is still in the middle of the heartland and those are important business too.

BTW, I'm not real happy with Farmland either, tax breaks to abandon an inner ring suburban building to build on a greefield near KCI. They stayed in Missouri at least.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Post by QueSi2Opie »

At least those agribusinesses aren't big yellow leasing signs.
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.