Liberty Triangle

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
zlohban
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Liberty Triangle

Post by zlohban »

Two more new businesses, a Starbucks Coffee and a Red Robin, are popping up in the Liberty Triangle at the city’s front door. Construction is expected to begin this fall.

“This gives us an opportunity to create a new first impression of Liberty,â€
zlohban
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Liberty Triangle

Post by zlohban »

Ready or not, like it or not, get out."

Gary Crossley heard the message. He is pulling out with his $40-million-a-year business, Crossley Ford. Crossley is one of the lucky Triangle business people. He has a place to go.

Others do not.

Bitterness is palpable when expressed by some of the 11 business owners being booted out of the Triangle. They said the city took their taxes for decades, then said they were not good enough.

Liberty will not lose auto sales revenue after Crossley moves across I-35, near Fairfield Inn on Church Road. If a Liberty resident buys an F-150 from Crossley in Kansas City, state law requires that Liberty gets the sales tax. But Crossley said Liberty will lose income from parts sales and repairs.

"The sad deal about this is that after 24 years I'm being kicked out of Liberty," Crossley said.

City Planning and Development Director Steve Anderson said Triangle businesses now generate $190,000 in real estate taxes and $12 million in sales taxes. When fully developed, Anderson said, Triangle property tax income should increase 684 percent to $1.3 million annually, and sales tax income should jump 1,167 percent to $140 million
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Liberty Triangle

Post by chrizow »

Gary Crossley Ford is a $40,000,000 a year business?!?!? :shock:
ShowME
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Liberty Triangle

Post by ShowME »

Too bad existing businesses are taking a beating due to Liberty's inept government who made the mistake of not annexing the land west of I-35. Wait till the Shoal Creek Valley developments(residential and upscale retail) really start breaking ground. KCMO coffers will benefit handsomely.
Calling a spade a spade.
zlohban
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Liberty Triangle

Post by zlohban »

I agree that Liberty should have annexed west years ago but I do give the city credit for wanting to re-develop older areas.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Liberty Triangle

Post by dangerboy »

Too bad Liberty is going with big box retail in that area. Once Shoal Creek Valley is completed Liberty will again be a step behind.
Thrillcekr
Penntower
Penntower

Re: Liberty Triangle

Post by Thrillcekr »

Red Robin is now open.  I went in there today for a burger.  My impressions were that the burger was slightly high in price but very tasty.  Overall I liked the place.  I found the TV mounted into the floor when you first walk in to be a bit bizarre though.  I asked some of the employees why it was there and none of them seemed to know either.
KC0KEK
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KC0KEK »

Thrillcekr wrote: I found the TV mounted into the floor when you first walk in to be a bit bizarre though.  I asked some of the employees why it was there and none of them seemed to know either.
I've been in nearly a dozen Red Robins all over the country, and they all have that. I think it's one of their gimmicks.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

I ate at the Red Robin in Topeka and wasn't too impressed. Probably won't go back. The only thing I found appealing about it was the fact that it served beer. From what I had heard of it, I assumed it was more of a family oriented/Denny's/fastfood type of place, so I was pleasantly surprised when I was able to have a beer with my mediocre hamburger.
KC0KEK
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KC0KEK »

I like RR's burgers and steak-type fries, especially the fact that the fries are bottomless. The atmosphere is what it is. I just ignore it.
Thrillcekr
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Thrillcekr »

KC0KEK wrote: I like RR's burgers and steak-type fries, especially the fact that the fries are bottomless. The atmosphere is what it is. I just ignore it.
I had no complaints.  The burger was better than average and cooked perfectly.  I'll definitely be back.  I had no real complaints about the atmosphere either.  I kinda liked it.  It was different.
Thrillcekr
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Thrillcekr »

Saw in the Liberty section of the Star that Olive Garden is going to be locating in the Liberty Triangle.  No biggie really but I thought a few people that may not have read about it might be interested in knowing.  Never eaten there before myself but maybe I'll have to try it out one of these days.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

the fries are bottomless???????????????
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

[glow=red,2,300]Update:[/glow]

Here's a simple list of...
*New Businesses/Buildings/Renovations In The Liberty Triangle Area*

Located In the Liberty Triangle
-Baskin Robbins (Under construction)
-Jimmy Johns (Under Construction)
-Chick-Fil-A (Opened - August 2009)
-Hyvee (Pending Construction - Q1 2010)
-Five Guys Burgers (Opened - August 2009)
-Lowes (Opened - 2006)
-Texas Roadhouse (Opened - 2006)
-StarBucks (Opened - 2006)
-Crowley Furniture (Renovated - 2008)

Located South of the Liberty Triangle
-CVS Pharmacy (Opened - Q2 2009)
-Culvers (Under Construction, Next to CVS)
-US Bank (Under Construction, Next to Culvers)

Located North of the Liberty Triangle
-Costentinos Price Chopper (Opened - 1Q 2009)
-Rogers Sporting Goods (Opened - 2008)
-Walgreens (Opened - 2009)

Located East of the Liberty Triangle
-Minskys (Opened - 2009)

Located West of the Liberty Triangle (On the W/side of I35, In KCMO)
-New BBQ Place now open in former Smokehouse BBQ Building

Rumored
- In-A-Tub (2009)
- Taco Johns (2009)
- Joes Crab Shack (2007)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to post additional info for this list. I may actually take all the existing businesses in the area, and new ones, and rumored ones, and proposed ones, etc, etc, and create a google map with all the info for a quick glance by anyone.
Last edited by im2kull on Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Updated the list in the previous post.

Of Note:

Minskys Pizza is now open.
Five Guys Burgers is now open.
Chick-fil-a is now open.

Culvers construction has begun, and is nearly done.
US Bank construction has begun, and is nearly done.
THINK (ONE) KC.
KC_Hams

Post by KC_Hams »

Culvers opens September 14.
Slappy the Wang
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Slappy the Wang »

For anyone who thought traffic in the area was bad before....Chick-Fil-A has officially (and finally) pushed the limits of 152 beyond its' max.  Absolutely horrible.
Be green or go Broke Tryin'
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Slappy the Wang wrote: For anyone who thought traffic in the area was bad before....Chick-Fil-A has officially (and finally) pushed the limits of 152 beyond its' max.  Absolutely horrible.
Completely agree.  The city (Liberty) needs to go ahead and work with KCMO to get the Flintlock Flyover done...who cares about state funding at this point.  Its what...an $18 Million dollar project?  Puhlease...just get'r done!
THINK (ONE) KC.
Mauddib
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by Mauddib »

Just saw that IHOP will be the next to help create more traffic problems in this area.  Saw them clearing land right next to Lowe's.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Mauddib wrote: Just saw that IHOP will be the next to help create more traffic problems in this area.  Saw them clearing land right next to Lowe's.
I don't mind, so long as they build a Fudruckers. No rumors of that occuring yet..but you never know!  8)
THINK (ONE) KC.