Liberty Triangle

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
SWFan
New York Life
New York Life

Re: Liberty Triangle

Post by SWFan »

PV Road right in front of the QT is horrible. All the semi traffic going to the truck stop portion of QT have ruined PV Road. Of course PV has pretty dinky, old roads. All around PV you have wide roads with shoulders and sidewalks in KCMO, then you hit the PV border and the road drops down to basically 75% the size of the road on the KCMO side and lose shoulders and sidewalks. PV Road is the most glaring. Just look at PV Rd on the Liberty side, then drive through PV and when you KCMO near I-435 the road goes back to looking like what it did when you were on it in Liberty.
Northlander
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by Northlander »

Will give Pizza Ranch a try. Went to one in Minnesota summer of 2011 and was not very impressed, BUT did not catch it during a lunch or dinner rush. Must try it fresh to formulate a better opinion.
Northlander
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by Northlander »

The 152 bridge over I-35 carries an estimated 30,000 vehicles a day. For comparison, the Broadway Bridge carries an estimated 35,000 vehicles a day. No amount of signal sequencing is is going to help along 152 between I-35 & 291.

I've already asked MoDOT if a Diverging Diamond Interchange would help. I was told probably not since the strength of the DDI is in most of the traffic making left turns. Through traffic seriously degrades the effectiveness of a DDI.

BTW, I got the 152 bridge stat from the community report about reducing accidents along 152. The Broadway Bridge stat from MoDOT press release prior to the Broadway Extension closure.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

Northlander wrote:Will give Pizza Ranch a try. Went to one in Minnesota summer of 2011 and was not very impressed, BUT did not catch it during a lunch or dinner rush. Must try it fresh to formulate a better opinion.
Given the experience at the one in the Des Moines area it is just like any other cheap pizza buffet. One differnce is the addition of chicken.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

SWFan wrote:PV Road right in front of the QT is horrible. All the semi traffic going to the truck stop portion of QT have ruined PV Road. Of course PV has pretty dinky, old roads. All around PV you have wide roads with shoulders and sidewalks in KCMO, then you hit the PV border and the road drops down to basically 75% the size of the road on the KCMO side and lose shoulders and sidewalks. PV Road is the most glaring. Just look at PV Rd on the Liberty side, then drive through PV and when you KCMO near I-435 the road goes back to looking like what it did when you were on it in Liberty.
If you call the KC side good you haven't driven from there to Antioch ever. The only good segment is east of N. Brighton and west of 435. It degrades again past that. zero sidewalks, no shoulders, sharp corners you don't speed on.

PV road on the Liberty side isn't much better than west of I-35 for sure. it hasn't been touched in decades. Luckily Liberty bypassed it completely with S. Liberty Pkwy. The 20mph segment was always an old speed trap too. you went 20 through there and no higher.

the outer road to the north of PV isn't much better in KC to be fair to PV. Neither is 76th in KC closer to I-35. Both are just as bad as PV Road
Claycomo's good roads are basically state maintained

Liberty has the best roads in the area since they're all recently improved. and even then, Liberty Drive has an unimproved segment remaining that's the same it was 20 years ago
TheSpaceCowboy
Parking Garage
Parking Garage
Location: The great wild yonder generally North and East of Kansas City, East of Sprawl Creek

Post by TheSpaceCowboy »

+1 On PV road from Flyingember. It is a country road, for all intents and purposes.
People complain about 152, but the congestion seems to get to a certain moderate point and hold constant, except when the high school is letting out. This in contrast to I-35 and 291, where the congestion gets so bad around 5-6 PM that traffic can get backed up from 35 to North Ash and 35 to Glenn Hendren.
I believe in the numbers.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

Liberty Triangle Target undergoing substantial renovations.
https://compasskc.kcmo.org/EnerGov_Prod ... a1f740a8a1

$1.9m valuation
Non-Structural modifications. Couldn't see any uploaded plans, but likely to increase flow of online order fulfillment.

Part of parking lot is fenced off and full of containers and equipment.

Manager there said that this is the first of this type of renovation in the country due to the accessibility of this Target (whatever that means).
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

Accessibility could be supply chain

There's a press release they were making supply chain changes for online orders. Like they're going to sort by order in a warehouse and arrive at a store pre-sorted.

https://corporate.target.com/press/rele ... -Strategic

One thing this store has going for them is it's a straight shot from Minneapolis where this process will begin. It's far enough to be a good test of distances and the timeline.

I wouldn't be surprised if this renovation does what a lot of big box stores are doing. Remove registers and add space for order fulfillment storage. Their current desks are clearly insufficient for this and putting it all in a back room is less than ideal for the delivery process. One thing some other chains are doing is offering free next day delivery by shipping out via UPS. They pickup the order really early in the morning from a local store, sort is locally and it makes it out for same day residential delivery. I could see Target try to enter this market, so having dedicated in store space to prepare orders makes more sense.

If you can stick a package on a daily truck you already send and have it be picked up by UPS/Fedex hundreds of miles closer to the destination is better for the customer and better cost.
Sani
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Sani »

alejandro46 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:27 am Liberty Triangle Target undergoing substantial renovations.
https://compasskc.kcmo.org/EnerGov_Prod ... a1f740a8a1

$1.9m valuation
Non-Structural modifications. Couldn't see any uploaded plans, but likely to increase flow of online order fulfillment.

Part of parking lot is fenced off and full of containers and equipment.

Manager there said that this is the first of this type of renovation in the country due to the accessibility of this Target (whatever that means).
I feel like I'm missing something simple whenever I look on Compass KC. Are the actual plans submitted by Target on there anywhere? All I can seem to find are 10 PDF files that are all Plan Review Reports.

I wonder if the renovations will be similar to what the Shawnee SuperTarget completed late in 2019. They walled off the westernmost portion of the store in that project, and I think they were intending to turn it into leasable exterior space, but I wonder if they're using it now for additional storage.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

flyingember wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:50 pm I wouldn't be surprised if this renovation does what a lot of big box stores are doing. Remove registers and add space for order fulfillment storage. Their current desks are clearly insufficient for this and putting it all in a back room is less than ideal for the delivery process. One thing some other chains are doing is offering free next day delivery by shipping out via UPS. They pickup the order really early in the morning from a local store, sort is locally and it makes it out for same day residential delivery. I could see Target try to enter this market, so having dedicated in store space to prepare orders makes more sense.

If you can stick a package on a daily truck you already send and have it be picked up by UPS/Fedex hundreds of miles closer to the destination is better for the customer and better cost.
Agreed, currently the store is fulfilling the Drive-Up orders in the Cafe which has been closed at least since Covid began. Perhaps they will permanently removing it and adding a separate door. It would be smart to have a covered area like HyVee does, but I don't think that appears to be included unless it's some kind of separate permit.
Sani wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:24 pm I feel like I'm missing something simple whenever I look on Compass KC. Are the actual plans submitted by Target on there anywhere? All I can seem to find are 10 PDF files that are all Plan Review Reports.

I wonder if the renovations will be similar to what the Shawnee SuperTarget completed late in 2019. They walled off the westernmost portion of the store in that project, and I think they were intending to turn it into leasable exterior space, but I wonder if they're using it now for additional storage.
No, you're looking in the right place. Sometimes they're attached, other times not such as in this instance.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

alejandro46 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:59 pm No, you're looking in the right place. Sometimes they're attached, other times not such as in this instance.
You can ask CPC or submit a request if its really of interest.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

The Uppercut is building a new butcher shop over behind Home Depot. Currently they are off 291 by Red Door.

They also plan to offer lunch. With Fareway Meat Market coming in they are stepping up their competition.

https://www.facebook.com/theuppercutkc
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

The Upper Cut butcher shop constructing purpose built butcher shop/restaurant off 152 and I35 by home depot Broke ground today.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... tid=qC1gEa