Edgewood Farms

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
Post Reply
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower
Posts: 8229
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:54 am

Edgewood Farms

Post by flyingember »

http://www.kansascity.com/news/business ... 03365.html

225,000 square feet of retail
275 apartments
Bowling center with laser tag, ropes course

This is just south of Barry Woods theatre. Almost is infill, if you can have infill 10 blocks from the edge of the city

mgsports
Broadway Square
Broadway Square
Posts: 2950
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 7:00 pm

Re: Edgewood Farms

Post by mgsports »

Beat me to it. Main Event coming.

flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower
Posts: 8229
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:54 am

Re: Edgewood Farms

Post by flyingember »

The site is largely cleared and graded

flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower
Posts: 8229
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:54 am

Re: Edgewood Farms

Post by flyingember »

This is still mostly a big piece of dirt.

brewcrew1000
Broadway Square
Broadway Square
Posts: 2749
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:10 am
Location: Broadway/Gilham according to google maps

Re: Edgewood Farms

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Is it just me or is this Metro over saturated with Family Fun Centers and just overall entertainment like this? There are numerous Chuck E Cheese, Power Play (northland and Shawnee), Cool Crest, there was another one in Independence but think it closed. There is also Paradise Park (Not sure if any other City Gov't around here have something similar to Paradise Park), There is also the indoor Electric Go Kart place in Raytown, 2 Dave and Busters (Making us one of the smallest metros with 2 Dave and Busters), now this. I'm sure i'm forgetting some other ones but it seems like a lot of stuff this.

We also have more specialized places like Top Golf, Ifly, Pinstripes, SeaLife, Legoland, schlitterbahn, great wolf lodge, etc.

In addition we also have probably the most movie theaters per capita.
We also have quite a few escape room places and a couple clue (Who dunnit) places. I think they are even popping up in the suburbs now, not just the ones in River Market/City.

I'm surprised we haven't gotten a Medieval Times.

mgsports
Broadway Square
Broadway Square
Posts: 2950
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 7:00 pm

Re: Edgewood Farms

Post by mgsports »

Orlando has one.

longviewmo
Colonnade
Colonnade
Posts: 916
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:58 am
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Contact:

Re: Edgewood Farms

Post by longviewmo »

brewcrew1000 wrote:Is it just me or is this Metro over saturated with Family Fun Centers and just overall entertainment like this? There are numerous Chuck E Cheese, Power Play (northland and Shawnee), Cool Crest, there was another one in Independence but think it closed. There is also Paradise Park (Not sure if any other City Gov't around here have something similar to Paradise Park), There is also the indoor Electric Go Kart place in Raytown, 2 Dave and Busters (Making us one of the smallest metros with 2 Dave and Busters), now this. I'm sure i'm forgetting some other ones but it seems like a lot of stuff this.

We also have more specialized places like Top Golf, Ifly, Pinstripes, SeaLife, Legoland, schlitterbahn, great wolf lodge, etc.

In addition we also have probably the most movie theaters per capita.
We also have quite a few escape room places and a couple clue (Who dunnit) places. I think they are even popping up in the suburbs now, not just the ones in River Market/City.

I'm surprised we haven't gotten a Medieval Times.
Paradise Park isn't a city thing...

brewcrew1000
Broadway Square
Broadway Square
Posts: 2749
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:10 am
Location: Broadway/Gilham according to google maps

Re: Edgewood Farms

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I always figured it was run by the City of Lee's Summit. Maybe having park in the name always threw me off.

flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower
Posts: 8229
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:54 am

Re: Edgewood Farms

Post by flyingember »

brewcrew1000 wrote:I always figured it was run by the City of Lee's Summit. Maybe having park in the name always threw me off.
The history section of the faq implies it's private

http://www.paradise-park.com/faq/

longviewmo
Colonnade
Colonnade
Posts: 916
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:58 am
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Contact:

Re: Edgewood Farms

Post by longviewmo »


mgsports
Broadway Square
Broadway Square
Posts: 2950
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 7:00 pm

Re: Edgewood Farms

Post by mgsports »


flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower
Posts: 8229
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:54 am

Re: Edgewood Farms

Post by flyingember »

mgsports wrote:http://images2.loopnet.com/d2/EBAWUZSFO ... cument.pdf Trader Joe's and Marshalls
This isn't an announcement, just a drawing

jbean3535
Pad site
Pad site
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:02 pm

Re: Edgewood Farms

Post by jbean3535 »

flyingember wrote:
mgsports wrote:http://images2.loopnet.com/d2/EBAWUZSFO ... cument.pdf Trader Joe's and Marshalls
This isn't an announcement, just a drawing
Especially since Marshall's just opened a new location virtually across the street.

mgsports
Broadway Square
Broadway Square
Posts: 2950
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 7:00 pm

Re: Edgewood Farms

Post by mgsports »

Stage or Belk or other one new to KC area.

Post Reply