I-35 and Pleasant Valley

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

I-35 and Pleasant Valley

Post by flyingember »

http://www.libertytribune.com/news/arti ... f492e.html
The Missouri Department of Transportation, in partnership with Kansas City, Liberty and Pleasant Valley and Claycomo, are hosting an open house design public hearing for the Interstate 35 and Pleasant Valley Interchange Project, spanning from Vivion Road on the south to Pleasant Valley Road on the north. The hearing will be held from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 26, at Pleasant Valley City Hall, 6500 Royal St.

Construction activities are anticipated to begin during the summer of 2014 at a cost of approximately $38 million.

During the hearing, the public may review exhibits that show the project area and preliminary design plans for the improvement of I-35 from Vivion Road to Pleasant Valley Road, the I-35 and Pleasant Valley Road interchange, Church Road, Sobbie Road, Pleasant Valley Road, South Liberty Parkway, and U.S. Highway 69. Representatives from MoDOT and the consultant team will be present to answer questions and discuss issues or concerns. No formal presentations will be given.
http://www.modot.org/kansascity/major_p ... Valley.htm

there's a pdf about the project here. interesting part is how much tighter the interchange is planned to become. not sure why they put three lanes on I-35 in the image since nothing in that corridor does today past the 29 split

here's a big map
ftp://ftp.modot.org/Kansas%20City/Pleas ... ration.pdf

looks like the main change is moving ramps from the middle to the outside
Slobberknockers
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Re: I-35 and Pleasant Valley

Post by Slobberknockers »

I like the changes but having to drive thru another round of construction like we have been doing at I-35 and 291 is getting old! :D
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

Slobberknockers wrote:I like the changes but having to drive thru another round of construction like we have been doing at I-35 and 291 is getting old! :D
like it? this looks to be far worse. they're moving both directions of I-35
Slobberknockers
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by Slobberknockers »

Correct they are moving both lanes but they are also removing the left hand merge lanes, those are a pita imo.