Cheddar's and S. Grcoery Store Shoal Creek

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Cheddar's and S. Grcoery Store Shoal Creek

Post by mgsports »

shinatoo
Ambassador

Re: Cheddar's and S. Grcoery Store Shoal Creek

Post by shinatoo »

Do you type with a hammer?
zlohban
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by zlohban »

Possible Trader Joe's? Good access I-435 to the west and I-35 to the east. Would they go into new construction with high rent?
SWFan
New York Life
New York Life

Post by SWFan »

Great, so now MO-152 can be an even bigger backed up CF than it is now. Weeee.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

zlohban wrote:Possible Trader Joe's? Good access I-435 to the west and I-35 to the east. Would they go into new construction with high rent?
you must not drive 152. The access to I-35 is a joke.

the E-W corridor of the northland is long overdue for transit. it's bike unfriendly still, there's no bus, no train and only two E-W highways, one of which is way out of the way through farmland
SWFan
New York Life
New York Life

Post by SWFan »

flyingember wrote:
zlohban wrote:Possible Trader Joe's? Good access I-435 to the west and I-35 to the east. Would they go into new construction with high rent?
Personally, MODOT needs to do what KDOT did in Wichita's downtown with Hwy 54/Kellogg back in the late 90's. They need to make a flyover. I envision the flyover starting at Booth to the west and coming down at 291 to the east. Traffic on 152 should be allowed to flow with no lights.

Problem is it would be enormously expensive. I've heard a lot of people saying the light change frequency just needs to be adjusted. While that might help a little, you still just have too many cars going through that area with too many lights packed so close together that no amount of light change frequency is going to resolve unless you want to have side street traffic sitting at a red light for 20 minutes or more.
maison rustique
Pad site
Pad site

Post by maison rustique »

They need to just put a lid on development. We've already got more than the roads can handle. Thanks to the new Flintlock Flyover, we now can't get out of our development onto Liberty Drive. What a nightmare. How could the city planners/engineers not have known this would happen? I sure saw it coming!
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

It's not the lights. It's the width.

They added the lights and then added 20k people. The road was designed to fix traffic issues of the late 1990s. It wasn't designed for that many more people

And I said it before, the flyover was designed to add cars into Liberty. Yes, that was planned as a goal. Its a purposefull alternative to send traffic away from 152. You must have missed the 3000 acres liberty wants to develop to your south (20-30k people) so they want the roads to funnel people right by your poorly designed neighborhood

What's the future zona rosa scale shopping center at flintlock and S Liberty Parkway called?
zlohban
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by zlohban »

flyingember wrote:

the E-W corridor of the northland is long overdue for transit. it's bike unfriendly still, there's no bus, no train and only two E-W highways, one of which is way out of the way through farmland
I drive MO 152 4x each day. Yes, it is congested but I've never had a problem as long as I pay attention and stop out side of the intersections. The new development will not stop or go away until it reaches 435 using both sides of 152. Many overlook how much land is available along this route.

The new flyover will be helpful as I live in south Liberty. But to solve the problem better access is needed from the under- used portions of 435 connecting to 291 south of Liberty and I-35 north of Liberty.

My 2 cents.
maison rustique
Pad site
Pad site

Post by maison rustique »

flyingember wrote:It's not the lights. It's the width.

They added the lights and then added 20k people. The road was designed to fix traffic issues of the late 1990s. It wasn't designed for that many more people

And I said it before, the flyover was designed to add cars into Liberty. Yes, that was planned as a goal. Its a purposefull alternative to send traffic away from 152. You must have missed the 3000 acres liberty wants to develop to your south (20-30k people) so they want the roads to funnel people right by your poorly designed neighborhood

What's the future zona rosa scale shopping center at flintlock and S Liberty Parkway called?
I know about it now--actually we did miss all discussion of it before we moved here from California. Had we known, we never would have moved to this area. I can't believe these things don't have to be disclosed when you're selling property in this state. I am NOT happy about any of this.
Eon Blue
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Eon Blue »

I would think you run the risk of this happening any time you buy in or near an area that isn't built out.

Suburbs gonna sprawl, yo.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

the side of the development near the doctors office is moving along
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Sprouts.maybe.
SWFan
New York Life
New York Life

Post by SWFan »

It is a Sprouts. They've got the signage up on the front of their portion of the building. Not sure what else will be going in on the west end of that strip building.
droopy
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by droopy »

SWFan wrote:It is a Sprouts. They've got the signage up on the front of their portion of the building. Not sure what else will be going in on the west end of that strip building.
Old Chicago is going in next to Sprouts from what I've been told. That Cheddar's parking lot seems to be full all day, every day. Amazes me for such a mediocre place.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Who told you because that would be good but a chain new to area would be better.
SWFan
New York Life
New York Life

Post by SWFan »

droopy wrote:
SWFan wrote:It is a Sprouts. They've got the signage up on the front of their portion of the building. Not sure what else will be going in on the west end of that strip building.
Old Chicago is going in next to Sprouts from what I've been told. That Cheddar's parking lot seems to be full all day, every day. Amazes me for such a mediocre place.
Interesting since there was an Old Chicago down at Flintlock and MO-152 years ago. It was either where Jose Peppers is located or the AT&T store. Those two buildings both started as chain restaurants that closed up shop. The one building at least stayed a restaurant with Jose Peppers moving in. The other was converted to retail mainly housing an AT&T store.

I find it interesting that Old Chicago would come back to almost the exact same location. Wonder what has changed that they think the environment in that area is better than it was back in the mid-2000's?
droopy
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by droopy »

mgsports wrote:Who told you because that would be good but a chain new to area would be better.
Heard it second hand from a friend of the developer
SWFan wrote: Interesting since there was an Old Chicago down at Flintlock and MO-152 years ago. It was either where Jose Peppers is located or the AT&T store. Those two buildings both started as chain restaurants that closed up shop. The one building at least stayed a restaurant with Jose Peppers moving in. The other was converted to retail mainly housing an AT&T store.

I find it interesting that Old Chicago would come back to almost the exact same location. Wonder what has changed that they think the environment in that area is better than it was back in the mid-2000's?
I asked about that too. Not familiar with the area before a year ago...was told the prior restaurant you're talking about was Pizzeria Uno and not Old Chicago. Can't vouch for the accuracy personally though.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

there was never an Old Chicago at Flintlock. I've ate at the majority of the restaurants that opened in that area.
zlohban
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by zlohban »

There was an Uno Pizza near Best Buy.