OFFICIAL: Briarcliff Village

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
KCLover
Colonnade
Colonnade

Re: OFFICIAL: Briarcliff Village

Post by KCLover »

The hotel is REALLY nice inside. Very modern if thats your thing.
Stockton
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Stockton »

moderne wrote:Anyone think this hotel looks a lot like the section 8 apartments and 39th and Baltimore?
I don't think they look a lot alike, but there are some similar architectural elements.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

More luxury apartments to be built at Briarcliff south of Highway 9.
Briarcliff Riverfront will include nine four-story apartment buildings containing a total of 340 one-, two- and three-bedroom units.
http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/n ... p&page=all

https://maps.google.com/?ll=39.164174,- ... 1&t=h&z=17
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Timber-frame office building coming to KC.

Briarcliff developer plans office building in Riverside
Briarcliff Development Corp. plans another addition to its 400-acre mixed use development north of the river.

The company will construct a 50,000-square-foot, three-story office building that will be part of Briarcliff but will be situated in nearby Riverside.

The company told the Kansas City Business Journal that it will be constructed using the timber-frame method, instead of a traditional steel frame, becoming one of the first buildings in the region to do so.

The building will include a lot of glass incorporated into the timber design and will feature exposed ceilings and loft-style suites.
https://tinyurl.com/y2wkwq4l
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

1251 Briacliffe retaining wall to be deconstructed and rebuilt.

https://compasskc.kcmo.org/EnerGov_Prod ... b=moreinfo
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Opus, Balboa seek bonds for 256-unit Briarcliff apartment complex
The Opus Group and Balboa Real Estate Partners' Briarcliff Apartments will bundle 256 units, amenities, and 379 garage and surface parking spaces in and around Briarcliff Parkway and Tullison Road.

Within the complex, 38 — or 15% — of apartments will be set aside for tenants with incomes up to 70% of the city's median family income. Amenities are to include a clubhouse, pool, grill area and work-from-home space.

The apartment complex envisions two buildings, four and three stories, on two vacant sites totaling 8.85 acres.
https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... gifQ%3D%3D

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.1642538 ... !1e3?hl=en
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

It's amazing how much they have built in that floodplain. I know people who moved to nearby apartments to save around 250 a month for what is comparable RCP.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

moderne wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:11 pm It's amazing how much they have built in that floodplain. I know people who moved to nearby apartments to save around 250 a month for what is comparable RCP.
They're actually raising these buildings out of the formal flood plain.
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by rxlexi »

Briarcliff Barrio (i.e. Brookside Barrio) is now open in Briarcliff Village. Did a nice job renovating the old Jose Peppers space with the expected large patio and indoor/outdoor bar.

Headrush Coffee claims to be reopening soon after sudden personal issues closed both locations temporarily.

There is a also a permit posted in the space next to Eklectica Salon for "Ombre Briarcliff", which I've heard may be a wine bar of some sort. Definitely heavily updating the space inside.
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by rxlexi »

A couple Briarcliff Village updates:

Ombra is open; wine bar and small plates from a local team (formerly had spots in Iron District NKC). It's located in a former retail space and was built out from the ground up for the restaurant - it's a really nice looking space with a large bar and Crossroads-y vibe. Have to assume it was a pricey build-out. Thursdays are 1/2 off bottle night, food was solid in my one trip but the menu could probably use some fine tuning for long term success, although it will supposedly change frequently based on seasonality/available ingredients. Seems like a nice win for the area based on one visit and vibes off the staff that night.

Green Acres Market is closing. This one stings a bit, I go there frequently and it was a nice, small and friendly health food store, definitely a rarity north of the river. I think they had been in the space since Briarcliff Village opened, quite a run for a niche spot. Hoping another small or specialty grocer goes in here.

Side note - all four of the restaurants (Barrio, Piropos, Trezo and Ombra) were wall to wall packed Friday with hour-plus waits (assuming due to Restaurant Week). Encouraging for a spot that's a bit off the beaten path with generally higher cost concepts.
cor88b
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by cor88b »

damn, didn't know that about the grocery store. I stop in there to grab some apples while im at work from time to time.
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

FYI, Green Acres stock is 20% off this week and 30% off next week.