Hy-Vee closing

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Hy-Vee closing

Post by mgsports »

been replaced with Liqour store. Up by Englewood.
swid
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Re: Hy-Vee closing

Post by swid »

And for those who don't follow Northland news (or the Beer Tasting KC Facebook group), it's reopening as a new Hy-Vee concept - Wall to Wall Wine & Spirits.

"In the coming months, this location will reopen as a Wall to Wall Wine & Spirits, one of Hy-Vee's newest brands that offers a best-in-class wine, beer and spirits selection along with specialty grocery items like cheese, charcuterie, sodas and seltzers."
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by rxlexi »

Interesting. Is this sort of like HyVee's attempt at a Lukas Liquor type superstore?
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

rxlexi wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:45 am Interesting. Is this sort of like HyVee's attempt at a Lukas Liquor type superstore?
I think it willl be more like Total Wine and More. I wish we had those in the Metro, they are awesome
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

In the paper today:

https://www.kansascity.com/news/busines ... WlYl-8rqls

Hyvee already has a store in Gladstone kind of close to the one closing.
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

Interesting Concept and fills a void, especially with having the specialty grocery items including cheese, charcuterie, chips and crackers. Stores around the area have some but might be neat to see what they will do. It's a big space so they'll have a lot to work with.

That store did pretty decent business as a HyVee I believe as for that immediate area there was only them and Price Chopper to serve all of that area on the SW side of the Northland. Luckily there are other options but was convenient for sure in that location for the many neighborhoods around there
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:24 pm
rxlexi wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:45 am Interesting. Is this sort of like HyVee's attempt at a Lukas Liquor type superstore?
I think it willl be more like Total Wine and More St. Louis area. I wish we had those in the Metro, they are awesome
ABC Liquor.
maison rustique
Pad site
Pad site

Post by maison rustique »

Sad for all the elderly people who walked there and met for coffee daily. For many of them it was their only social life.