The Glade - 87th & I435

Jackson/Cass Suburbs, including South KC
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: The Glade - 87th & I435

Post by dukuboy1 »

normalthings wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:34 pm
dukuboy1 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:39 pm also is that area in the Center School District or KCPS? Might be some crossover. Just curious how that plays out, especially with the single family home situation of the development.
Hickman, Center, Raytown
thanks for that info. Wasn't sure how far South & West Raytown district went. Plus I forgot Hickman creeps in there as well
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

https://maps.kcmo.org/apps/parcelviewer/

layers, school districts gives a map of every district covering KCMO and then some. it has basically seven counties worth for this layer
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

https://compasskc.kcmo.org/EnerGov_Prod ... b=moreinfo

Construct 13 new buildings or structures per plans reviewed for Code Complaince.
appears there will be (13) building permits for which will result from this application; (1) Clubhouse / Swimming Pool, (9) Apartment Bldgs. (2) Garages, & (1) Mail Hub Canopy.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

The Business Journal of Kansas City is reporting that Milhaus will develop the first phase of The Glade. There will be 263 units in multiple buildings in a greater 325-acre mixed-use project to be co-developed by Jim Stowers III and Ryan Cos. The new apartments will sit on the northeast and northwest corners of E. 86th Street and Drury Avenue -- at the development's southeast corner.
Walker
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Walker »

The project is applying for incentives. Yuck
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

Walker wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:06 pm The project is applying for incentives. Yuck
And they are likely to get them due to the political capital spent on getting Cerner to put the office in SE KC and the need to show it's paying dividends for the area. Whatever the result, the project will be much scaled back than proposed; I suspect a lackluster apartment complex and a couple of stores at best.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

This is an attractive site politically for incentive use because it's on "the East Side" of Kansas City. Historically, this area doesn't get many incentives (other than recently the Cerner at the Bannister site). The project sits close to several economically-disadvantaged neighborhoods.

It doesn't matter than people in those zip codes probably won't live in the apartments, or work in the offices. All that matters is that council members can point to city investment in that zip code.