Lions Choice

Jackson/Cass Suburbs, including South KC
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Lions Choice

Post by StL_Dan »

earthling wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:01 pm
StL_Dan wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:38 am I think it’s a great name. Makes perfect sense. Never gave two thoughts about when growing up in the Lou. Eating there was a treat. Amazing food. So glad they are in the KC metro now. Hope they survive, but agree, KC people have been dumbed down for years by the plasticy/rubbery Arby’s roast beef and those nasty curly fries. They don’t know what real protein looks or tastes like.
Whaaa? KC has over 100 BBQ restaurants.
Within context - roasted beef sammiches. Not BBQ sammiches. Two different things, no?
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

I still have never seen one anywhere. If they ever choose to come to KC, maybe I'll give one a shot.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

I prefer arbys because they have the meats
TrolliKC
Supporter

Post by TrolliKC »

WSPanic wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:43 pm I still have never seen one anywhere. If they ever choose to come to KC, maybe I'll give one a shot.
Ha, are you saying you aren't driving as far east as you can go in Independence or way down south of 435 in OPKS for fast food? Maybe you are waiting for the new location in Liberty to finally open up.

Not even sure why this is its own topic. Does Texas Tom's have a roast beef sandwich? Now that would be good...
Sani
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Sani »

As someone who loves Lion's Choice when in St. Louis, the Independence and Olathe locations have left me disappointed because the beef is way overcooked. Maybe that's on me for not asking for it to be rare, but my beef and cheddar sandwiches have had no pink at all to the meat, whereas the ones I get from St. Louis locations are always medium rare. Maybe the owners here are being cautious about health codes or something. Neither of the local locations are particularly convenient to me, either, which doesn't help.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Maybe Lees Summit is.
Sani
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Sani »

Update, since I know you were all on tenterhooks waiting for one: I had to get some home improvement stuff, so I decided to drive down to Menards in Olathe so I could get Lion's Choice on the way home. It was much improved over my last visit. The meat in my beef and cheddar was nice and pink.

If it weren't 9 miles due south of me on Pflumm, I would eat there more often. Perhaps they would be interested in opening up a location on Shawnee Mission Parkway or along 87th Street Parkway? Or how about Ridgeview Road north of K-10 when that opens in the spring? That would be a quick drive from my office.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

TrolliKC wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:47 pm
WSPanic wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:43 pm I still have never seen one anywhere. If they ever choose to come to KC, maybe I'll give one a shot.
Ha, are you saying you aren't driving as far east as you can go in Independence or way down south of 435 in OPKS for fast food? Maybe you are waiting for the new location in Liberty to finally open up.

Not even sure why this is its own topic. Does Texas Tom's have a roast beef sandwich? Now that would be good...
Yeah - way too far to drive for fast food. Def waiting for the midtown/westport location. In all fairness, Arby's is too far to drive as well (Johnson Dr) for fast food.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Shawnee,KCK would be good places.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

Sani wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:04 am Update, since I know you were all on tenterhooks waiting for one: I had to get some home improvement stuff, so I decided to drive down to Menards in Olathe so I could get Lion's Choice on the way home. It was much improved over my last visit. The meat in my beef and cheddar was nice and pink.

If it weren't 9 miles due south of me on Pflumm, I would eat there more often. Perhaps they would be interested in opening up a location on Shawnee Mission Parkway or along 87th Street Parkway? Or how about Ridgeview Road north of K-10 when that opens in the spring? That would be a quick drive from my office.
So, if you live around 63rd / Pflumm, would the Metcalf / 103rd location be any closer? Meh...probably not.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Looks like there is one coming to Waldo, KC Star had an article but couldn't see it. I'm assuming the old Wendy's spot on Wornall
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:43 pm Looks like there is one coming to Waldo, KC Star had an article but couldn't see it. I'm assuming the old Wendy's spot on Wornall
1621 W. 76th St., across from Hy-vee
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

So is it a completely new build?
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:42 pm So is it a completely new build?
More than likely. LC’s expansion into new markets is entirely new build to date.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

This is close enough to try.

But I'm not calling it LC's. Too many of those around here already.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

"I got a beef sandwich at LC's" becomes ever more ambiguous.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

mean wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:24 am "I got a ROAST beef sandwich at LC's" becomes ever more ambiguous.
I’ll always know what you are talking about.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Don't have enough LC's BBQ.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

those burnt ends.......omg