40 Highway Progress

Jackson/Cass Suburbs, including South KC
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

40 Highway Progress

Post by dangerboy »

Some encouraging news for 40 Highway east of I-435. Hy-Vee is going into the old K-Mart/Flea market building at Noland. Some other businesses are going into the old Best Buy and Home Quarters spaces, which have been vacant for 5-plus years. Also, business owners near Blue Ridge Mall are trying to setup a transportation district to pay for streetscape improvements.

http://www.iced.org/e-news/0803/

One problem with this area is that the boundary between Independence and Kansas City zig-zags back and forth across 40 Highway, making it difficult for developers to get through the red tape. I'd like to see the two cities swap some land and create a more sensible boundary with the north side of the road in Indep. and the south side in KC.

40 Higway west of I-435 continues to be an armpit, but at least much of the road was repaved recently.
SonicBoi
New York Life
New York Life

40 Highway Progress

Post by SonicBoi »

I am so excited about this. I actually was working on a photo essay about the abandoned buildings in that area. Happily I will never get to finish it.
SonicBoi
1 Samuel 18:3-4: And Jonathan made a covenant with David because he loved him as himself. Jonathan took off the robe he was wearing and gave it to David, along with his tunic, and even his sword, his bow and his belt.
KCN
Penntower
Penntower

40 Highway Progress

Post by KCN »

huhuh, you said 40 highway

bahua
Administrator
Administrator

40 Highway Progress

Post by bahua »

Highway 40?