Lot next to KC care health center

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
Riverite
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Lot next to KC care health center

Post by Riverite »

[glow][/glow] I always dreamed about seeing a high rise here when I lived in KC and use to go to Monarch all the time. Does anyone know who owns it or if there are any plans for it?
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Lot next to KC care health center

Post by chaglang »

I have some bad news for you: it’s owned by KC Life and it’s highly unlikely they have any plans for it or any of the land they currently own.
Riverite
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Riverite »

Why wouldn’t they sell that off though, it isn’t even a parking lot, it’s just grass
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

Riverite wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:58 pm Why wouldn’t they sell that off though, it isn’t even a parking lot, it’s just grass
I'm not saying they're doing this but it's not uncommon to offer land as collateral against a loan and terms could be such they couldn't sell it without owing the whole amount back. If they keep the land they can keep taking out new loans against it forever. There's business reasons to take out loans rather than use up valuable capital on hand.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

With everything happening on Broadway and as the major owner of many many blocks, KC Life should be a prime mover in a renaissance. But its like they put a black spell on the neighborhood ever since their suburban office park and trafficway scheme was overwhelming nixed by the city and the neighborhood back in the seventies. I don 't wish individuals ill, but things will probably not change until a new generation of the Bixby family have their portraits added to the fresco in the Great Hall at Armour and Broadway.