VanTrust Plaza Office Buildings

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

VanTrust Plaza Office Buildings

Post by normalthings »

4901 Main Street
6-story, 140,511-square-foot office building south of the Country Club Plaza in Kansas City, Missouri. The building is situated on 1.69 acres and includes a structured parking garage with 524 parking spaces (3.73 cars per 1,000 square feet). Anticipated incentives include sales tax exemption and property tax abatement. Anticipated groundbreaking is Summer 2020 and anticipated core/shell completion is Spring 2022.

50 Baltimore
3-story office building totaling 20,394 square feet. Structured parking includes 22 spaces (1.10 cars per 1,000 square feet). Anticipated incentives include sales tax exemption and property tax abatement. Anticipated groundbreaking is Summer 2020 and anticipated core/shell completion is Summer 2021.
Critical_Mass
Colonnade
Colonnade

Re: VanTrust Plaza Office Buildings

Post by Critical_Mass »

50 Baltimore-- would that be the empty lot behind The (former?) Peanut? Replacing that building? Or in the parking lot behind Glacé, etc. where the hotel was proposed at one point?

Looks like 4901 Main would replace the 4 sorry US Bank building.

Did you find these on Compass?
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

I don't get why these building would need to be incentivized? They are basically just moving the 49 main building to 50 Baltimore and replacing it with a bigger building.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

I don't know why these projects require incentives.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Critical_Mass wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:13 pm 50 Baltimore-- would that be the empty lot behind The (former?) Peanut? Replacing that building? Or in the parking lot behind Glacé, etc. where the hotel was proposed at one point?

Looks like 4901 Main would replace the 4 sorry US Bank building.

Did you find these on Compass?
Found on the Vantrust website.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

alejandro46 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:26 pm I don't know why these projects require incentives.
They shouldn’t. Especially not with their high parking ratios.
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

These are 2 of the purtiest buildings I've seen in a long time. So inspired!
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

normalthings wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:22 pm 4901 Main Street
6-story, 140,511-square-foot office building south of the Country Club Plaza in Kansas City, Missouri. The building is situated on 1.69 acres and includes a structured parking garage with 524 parking spaces (3.73 cars per 1,000 square feet). Anticipated incentives include sales tax exemption and property tax abatement. Anticipated groundbreaking is Summer 2020 and anticipated core/shell completion is Spring 2022.

50 Baltimore
3-story office building totaling 20,394 square feet. Structured parking includes 22 spaces (1.10 cars per 1,000 square feet). Anticipated incentives include sales tax exemption and property tax abatement. Anticipated groundbreaking is Summer 2020 and anticipated core/shell completion is Summer 2021.
I guess this is an updated rendering of a project that I found before? I kinda like the design. Wonder what happened with this one

new descript:
4901 Main Office Building is a six-story, 221,000-square-foot office building south of the Country Club Plaza in Kansas City, Missouri. The building is situated on 2.25 acres and includes a structured parking garage with 704 parking spaces (3.26 parking spaces per 1,000 square feet).
https://vantrustrealestate.com/property/4901-main/
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

These all seem very conceptual with no intention of ever being developed unless a company signs on.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Looks like the old U.S. Bank building is coming down. Was never my favorite building but I hate that it'll be a surface lot.

Hopefully it won't stay vacant for long
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Cratedigger wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:59 pm Looks like the old U.S. Bank building is coming down. Was never my favorite building but I hate that it'll be a surface lot.

Hopefully it won't stay vacant for long
Wish they built this before covid
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

ehartkc
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by ehartkc »

This will never get built unless a big chunk is pre-leased. I wonder why this couldn't have been redeveloped instead of turned into a vacant lot. The building seemed to be in decent shape.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

A sign recently appeared on site. The brochure has other renderings. I really wish this site would become residential instead of office.