Charlotte St. Foundation to Build New Bldg. in Midtown

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Charlotte St. Foundation to Build New Bldg. in Midtown

Post by FangKC »

Kansas City's Charlotte Street Foundation Set To Build New Headquarters In Midtown
Kansas City's Charlotte Street Foundation, which for the last 20 years has been a nomadic arts organization with offices, studio residencies, exhibition spaces and black box performances in various spaces around the city, has plans to consolidate its operations at a new location in Roanoke Park.

"Charlotte Street is poised to realize a vision for a multi-use facility that will be a permanent site," Amy Kligman, Charlotte Street Foundation's executive director, and artistic director, wrote on the organization's website this week.

Hufft, a Kansas City-based architecture firm that also relocated to a facility in Roanoke Park in 2014, was selected to design the campus at 3333 Wyoming Street. Newkirk Novak Construction will build it. Architectural renderings and more details are expected to be released in May.
https://www.kcur.org/post/kansas-citys- ... n#stream/0
anonkcmo
Pad site
Pad site

Re: Charlotte St. Foundation to Build New Bldg. in Midtown

Post by anonkcmo »

This is going to be WAY off the beaten oath and seen by no one.
Lame choice, zero exposure. Most people living in the area will never even see it or know it's even there.
I was in that neighborhood all the time and it took years before someone told me there was a community center back there in the park.

Should have broke their arm or waited to move somewhere in the east Crossroads.
This new location might as well be on a cul-de-sac in Olathe.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

I know that area, it's hard to understand how to get there unless you know how.

The only way this works is if it's their *offices* and they host events in other spaces that are more accessible
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

The fact that they have been so successful with almost zero physical presence up until now makes me think that location moving forward doesn't really matter.

I'd much rather see dollars go to art than to prime real estate.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Charlotte Street’s New Headquarters Will Be a Hub For Thriving Artists
After two years of construction, Charlotte Street’s revamped mega-enclave for artists is set to open to the public this coming weekend.
https://www.inkansascity.com/arts-enter ... g-artists/