Plaza Residential Development

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Re: Plaza Residential Development

Post by FangKC »

More new construction. 716 W. 45th Street's foundation is in place; 712 and 708 W. 45th framed in.

alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

Photos taken of Plaza Heights residential development and area. Plaza Heights all look like they are selling really quickly, with a lot of lots spoken for so far.
https://plazaheights.com/site-plan/
Crowne Plaza (45th and Madison)

Tudors

Looking at rear of 736 West 45th Street foundation and other homes along 45th st rear.

Dorset Apartments 46th and Summit

Construction equipment along 728 732 and 736 W. 44th, Terrace

Homes along 45th st.

FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Thanks for the photos Alejandro46. I hadn't been able to get down there for updates lately.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

FangKC wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:43 pm New construction at 730 and 728 W. 45th Street.

FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

FangKC wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:46 pm More new construction. 716 W. 45th Street's foundation is in place; 712 and 708 W. 45th framed in.

FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

The Dorset Apartments at 46th Street and Summit.

Steve52
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Steve52 »

Quite a few of those new houses on 45th St are not selling and have been on the market for a long time.
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

I just looked up the houses on 45 St. There is only 1 currently active on the market. There are 3 under contract and 3 that have sold.

And for 44th Terrace, there are 3 active (2 were just listed this week and the 3rd was less than a month ago) and 5 under contract.

It seems like they are selling quite well.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

Steve52 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:07 pm Quite a few of those new houses on 45th St are not selling and have been on the market for a long time.
I toured the model recently. Really liked it. These will sell.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

From city planning docket: 255 unit multi-family apartment. "The Dylan"

CASE # CD-CPC-2019-00231 – 4711 Belleview – A request to rezoning about 0.5 acre
from District R-1.5 (Residential 1.5) to District MPD (Master Plan Development), for the
purpose of amending the MPD Plan on 1.7 acres to allow for 255 unit multi-family
apartment on about 1.7 acres generally located on at the northeast corner of W.
48th Street and Belleview Avenue.
Applicant: Alex Toye, Action Pact Design Group
Critical_Mass
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Critical_Mass »

Dorset:

Tudors:

SFH infill:

Mirabelle...man this one is hideous:

Next to Mirabelle, getting a renovation:

KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

There was a new plan submitted to Compass earlier this week for a multi-family residential development at 4434 Washington. Looks like it will involve demolishing the last three of the original little bungalow homes on that block.

I don't see any renderings or details such as the number of units. The building permit is valued around $4.5M, so this doesn't seem to be a particularly large project.

It looks like the builder is Titan Built who also worked on the 44 Washington building, directly to the north of this. So, I wonder if this will be the same team behind this - BRES, NSPJ

https://compasskc.kcmo.org/EnerGov_Prod ... 065500dc46
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

I looked at the new Plaza Heights homes about a year ago. I liked the neighborhood but for us, and we weren't crazy about the floor plan, they were a bit too small and the configuration of having to lug groceries etc.. out of a garage a flight of stairs was not really suitable for a retirement home (although elevators were available). I just noticed that since that time, they have raised the price from $550,000 to $640,000. At $550,000, I thought they were priced about right and they would sell but to my surprise they have not even sold off their existing stock. At $640,000, I think they will have a very difficulty time selling these.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

KCtoBrooklyn wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:51 pm There was a new plan submitted to Compass earlier this week for a multi-family residential development at 4434 Washington. Looks like it will involve demolishing the last three of the original little bungalow homes on that block.

I don't see any renderings or details such as the number of units. The building permit is valued around $4.5M, so this doesn't seem to be a particularly large project.

It looks like the builder is Titan Built who also worked on the 44 Washington building, directly to the north of this. So, I wonder if this will be the same team behind this - BRES, NSPJ

https://compasskc.kcmo.org/EnerGov_Prod ... 065500dc46
The villas project has construction fencing up. Its a much larger site than I had expected.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Highlander wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:10 pm I looked at the new Plaza Heights homes about a year ago. I liked the neighborhood but for us, and we weren't crazy about the floor plan, they were a bit too small and the configuration of having to lug groceries etc.. out of a garage a flight of stairs was not really suitable for a retirement home (although elevators were available). I just noticed that since that time, they have raised the price from $550,000 to $640,000. At $550,000, I thought they were priced about right and they would sell but to my surprise they have not even sold off their existing stock. At $640,000, I think they will have a very difficulty time selling these.
I drove past these and liked the designs. Their website hasn't been updated since either November or June but shows only 1 completed home left for sale and 2 under construction homes on the market.

Reece Nichols shows those 3 for sale plus 2 of the next phase plus the model house.
TrolliKC
Supporter

Post by TrolliKC »

Highlander wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:10 pm I looked at the new Plaza Heights homes about a year ago. I liked the neighborhood but for us, and we weren't crazy about the floor plan, they were a bit too small and the configuration of having to lug groceries etc.. out of a garage a flight of stairs was not really suitable for a retirement home (although elevators were available). I just noticed that since that time, they have raised the price from $550,000 to $640,000. At $550,000, I thought they were priced about right and they would sell but to my surprise they have not even sold off their existing stock. At $640,000, I think they will have a very difficulty time selling these.
We looked also. Pretty nice, but I agree way too many stairs. There is an elevator option but I am hopefully 30 years away from needing that.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

normalthings wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:44 pm
I drove past these and liked the designs. Their website hasn't been updated since either November or June but shows only 1 completed home left for sale and 2 under construction homes on the market.

Reece Nichols shows those 3 for sale plus 2 of the next phase plus the model house.
Seems like most have sold?
bspecht
New York Life
New York Life

Post by bspecht »

4511 Summit St, 16 units, replacing two empty lots and two SF lots.

This is becoming a saga. Large NIMBY turn out today at NPD... mostly due to parking... from the large building across the street. Committee members completely crumbled to them, given a hold to 3/20. KC needs people actively supporting the project against them.
https://clerk.kcmo.gov/LegislationDetai ... s=&Search=
https://compasskc.kcmo.org/EnerGov_Prod ... ttachments

Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

bspecht wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:21 pm 4511 Summit St, 16 units, replacing two empty lots and two SF lots.

This is becoming a saga. Large NIMBY turn out today at NPD... mostly due to parking... from the large building across the street. Committee members completely crumbled to them, given a hold to 3/20. KC needs people actively supporting the project against them.

Didn't know this was happening. Remind me again - who do we write letters of support to? City Council? Specific city officials?
KC_Ari
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KC_Ari »

Cratedigger wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:32 pm
bspecht wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:21 pm 4511 Summit St, 16 units, replacing two empty lots and two SF lots.

Didn't know this was happening. Remind me again - who do we write letters of support to? City Council? Specific city officials?
Also would like to know. I would gladly write a letter in support since making meetings isn't really possible.