Midtown Area Apartment Boom

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
Riverite
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: Midtown Area Apartment Boom

Post by Riverite »

the Linwood stretch and Harrison really need some infill. Maybe they bought some land around them.
Riverite
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Riverite »

These are all the ones I found by them through various LLC's in New York. The one on 38th and Main is run through a we work address in NYC suprisingly.

3803 Main St.
500 Gladstone Blvd
3021 Harrison St
3029 Harrison St
3433 Central St
718 E Linwood Blvd
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

Renovation starting on the Greystone Apartments, 122 W Linwood.
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

I see a plan was just submitted to Compass at 3803 Main St (Boston Apartments) for "Miscellaneous Trade Work Only Commercial" valued at $261k. Not a huge investment, but it is good to see that Alchemy is at least putting some money into their new acquisitions, rather than being negligent, absentee landlords.
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

jasty5 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:50 pm Regarding 47 Madison, I've heard from the architect that the $/sq ft for that tower was enough to at least give them pause before proceeding. My take is that they will wait on it, finish their other plaza area project first, and pick it back up at some point when they get more comfortable with the market. With that curve in the glass I'm sure it is more expensive per unit than the power and light buildings.
It looks like the developers just requested a one year extension on the previously approved plan. So it sounds like they still hope to build at some point, but nothing appears eminent.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

KCtoBrooklyn wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:45 pm
jasty5 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:50 pm Regarding 47 Madison, I've heard from the architect that the $/sq ft for that tower was enough to at least give them pause before proceeding. My take is that they will wait on it, finish their other plaza area project first, and pick it back up at some point when they get more comfortable with the market. With that curve in the glass I'm sure it is more expensive per unit than the power and light buildings.
It looks like the developers just requested a one year extension on the previously approved plan. So it sounds like they still hope to build at some point, but nothing appears eminent.
source?
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

normalthings wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 4:41 pm source?
Compass
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

3540 Main Street is for sale. This is the Pancho Drive through, adjacent parking lots, and 3 apartment buildings.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/3540-Ma ... /19595458/
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Not surprising after recent forward movement with streetcar extension. Imagine what the activity along Midtown/Main will look like when the streetcar funding is 100% confirmed.
Steve52
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Steve52 »

earthling wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:34 pm Not surprising after recent forward movement with streetcar extension. Imagine what the activity along Midtown/Main will look like when the streetcar funding is 100% confirmed.
Pure speculation at this point.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Of course.
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

/gestures to the internet/
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

normalthings wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:43 pm 3540 Main Street is for sale. This is the Pancho Drive through, adjacent parking lots, and 3 apartment buildings.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/3540-Ma ... /19595458/
They better not mess with Panchos, that place is awesome. Best breakfast burritos in town. 😀

I did find it interesting the listing mentions nearby brands, Snooze & First Watch. Both of which are not particularly close
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Agree Panchos has great breakfast burritos but that fast food pad site building with giant lot needs to go and would hope Pancho's finds another home in Midtown.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

Once sat in Panchos drive thru line and saw two of the biggest rats I’ve ever seen walk up to the side of the building and climb in. Pulled out of line and have never been back.
Steve52
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Steve52 »

KCtoBrooklyn wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:45 pm
Waiting for the Feds to install the new warp overdrive system into the printing presses.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

KCtoBrooklyn wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 6:25 pm So I'm seeing 4 buildings that it looks like Alchemy purchased (maybe I'm missing some):

The Boston Apartments at 38th and Main.
The formerly known as Narcissist Apartments at 31st and Harrison (was a North Terrace Property).
712 Linwood Blvd (was owned by Knaack).
And 500 Gladstone Blvd.
110 E 40 being picked up by Alchemy
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Construction leads website has a new listing for a new mid-town apartment building.

https://www.construction.com/projects/d ... and-retail
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Does anyone know whats going on with the redevelopment of the Katz Drug site in midtown?
missingkc
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by missingkc »

For those of us without a account, does the construction.com entry list an address?