Brookside Sunfresh

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
TheDude
Strip mall
Strip mall

Brookside Sunfresh

Post by TheDude »

Word on the street is that Costentinos (owners of Brookside Chopper) purchased the Sun Fresh in Brookside to tear it down and build condos. Makes sense cause why would they want competition for their existing store? Any one got the word?
"ALWAYS be closing"
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Brookside Sunfresh

Post by staubio »

I didn't hear the part about building condos, but I did know that this store was being eaten up by the folks at the Chopper. Nobody appreciates these quirky markets, so this Meiner's gig is falling right along with the Plaza location.
carfreekc
New York Life
New York Life

Brookside Sunfresh

Post by carfreekc »

Their Brookside Price Chopper is crowded enough now *with* Meiners there; I don't think the store is big enough to handle the numbers of shoppers if they closed the Sun Fresh. They just remodeled the Price Chopper, and the size was limited by zoning, so I don't really see any advantage to them if they overcrowd that one store. It already really sucked when the IGA was closed for remodeling into the Price Chopper for several months. The Meiners store was always really crowded.
Brooksider
Strip mall
Strip mall

Brookside Sunfresh

Post by Brooksider »

Cosentinos bought Meiners but not the building. The building is still owned by Highwoods, now Gilchrest.
Suburban Sprawl - Cut down all of the trees and name the streets after them.