Gilham Landmark

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Gilham Landmark

Post by moderne »

DW Newcomwers Stine and McClure funeral home for sale. Was once the prestige funeral emporium for KC. Was one of first to accept Aids bodies in the '80's. Nice Greek REvival building, Any ideas for adappptive re-use?. Luzier Spanish revival across street still vacant after all these years.
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Gilham Landmark

Post by chaglang »

Condos. People would be dying to get in.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Less people die these days? Seems that would be a steady business.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

they call it the Stine & McClure Chapel

with its nice look the list of what can go in is way longer than the things that wouldn't go there.

it could be everything from a law office to the business office of any small regional business.
maison rustique
Pad site
Pad site

Post by maison rustique »

LenexatoKCMO wrote:Less people die these days? Seems that would be a steady business.
I think fewer people are having traditional funerals/burials due to the cost. I see more people just having private memorial services at a church, home or center.
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

maison rustique wrote:
LenexatoKCMO wrote:Less people die these days? Seems that would be a steady business.
I think fewer people are having traditional funerals/burials due to the cost. I see more people just having private memorial services at a church, home or center.
Several factors but one primary reason. Mergers and acquisitions. The death business has consolidated into a few major players.

Someone up to doing an organic, hipster, locally planted, indie funeral parlor in the east bottoms?
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

We should convert the Power Plant in the River Market into a combination steam heat generator, and crematorium.

:lol: