Plaza move-ins (ongoing)

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
smh
Supporter

Re: Plaza move-ins (ongoing)

Post by smh »

OneLife has a pretty compelling offering for downtowners.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

I was walking around the Plaza last night and noticed there are quite a few local brands that have popped up since I last paid attention (like this one).
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

And now Joyce reports Archive will be opening in August. Justin Ji previously ran Volume 1ne in Westport and then in Xroads.

And if those permits are correct they are now possibly adding a local brewer to the scene as well (about time). I'd say that is a trend in the right direction.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Local shops so much better than generic mall stores, is that an indication Plaza rents might be quite a bit lower. As a next step, would be great to see a shift to more quaint Euro/urban leaning cafes/bistros than mega sized corporate chains, at least a few more spots than past.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

kboish wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:50 am And now Joyce reports Archive will be opening in August. Justin Ji previously ran Volume 1ne in Westport and then in Xroads.

And if those permits are correct they are now possibly adding a local brewer to the scene as well (about time). I'd say that is a trend in the right direction.
I have to think that the Made In KC's success there (plus Charlie Hustle) has a bit to do with this shift? EB in KC was a vendor in there before taking her own space.
rockchalk56
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by rockchalk56 »

Any new updates on Nordstrom’s?
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

Sign on site says coming 2023
LCDSI
New York Life
New York Life

Post by LCDSI »

Does anyone know what the article in today’s star cityscape said? It mentioned something about a national retailer interested in the old halls / Nike spot .
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

LCDSI wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:53 pm Does anyone know what the article in today’s star cityscape said? It mentioned something about a national retailer interested in the old halls / Nike spot .
Lenscrafters.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Such a non event
msmith011
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by msmith011 »

beautyfromashes wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:07 pm
LCDSI wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:53 pm Does anyone know what the article in today’s star cityscape said? It mentioned something about a national retailer interested in the old halls / Nike spot .
Lenscrafters.
What a joke. So much for Plaza 211 housing “upscale” retailers. I mean, for LensCrafters to share a one-block radius with stores like Tiffany & Co., Apple and Tivol is just absurd. Is Plaza management that desperate for cash or do they just not care about the Plaza being distinctive?
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

msmith011 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:41 am
beautyfromashes wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:07 pm
Lenscrafters.
What a joke. So much for Plaza 211 housing “upscale” retailers. I mean, for LensCrafters to share a one-block radius with stores like Tiffany & Co., Apple and Tivol is just absurd. Is Plaza management that desperate for cash or do they just not care about the Plaza being distinctive?
Don't judge a book by it's cover.

The parent company has the rights to sell glasses under brands like Armani, Coach, Chanel, Ferrari, Prada, Ralph Lauren, Versace and many more
https://www.essilorluxottica.com/brands

https://www.lenscrafters.com/lc-us/brands/tiffany
Of special note, Lenscrafters sells Tiffany & Co brand frames. It looks a lot less absurd when you actually take the time to understand their target market.
LCDSI
New York Life
New York Life

Post by LCDSI »

I'm not sure if the star got this right. According to the Lenscrafters website, they are coming soon to 4750 Broadway Street, Spc S-219. Whereas Plaza 211 is on 227 Nichols Rd. Granted Lens Crafters is still coming to the plaza but I think it's going in a less prominent spot.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

I’m still shocked the owners of the Plaza have failed to get a Zara brand store into the area. That would be a prime store for that market.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Goonies wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:05 pm Ok is it just me or is that huge light that shines from the church just off the plaza has gotten really weak? Seems like the laat month or so it's barely noticeable
Those types of signs are adjustable. Someone could have complained about it
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

normalthings wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:52 am
Goonies wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:05 pm Ok is it just me or is that huge light that shines from the church just off the plaza has gotten really weak? Seems like the laat month or so it's barely noticeable
I think they’re referring to the FLW deigned Community Christian Church light beam, not a sign. Here’s pictures of the building for reference

shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

TheLastGentleman wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:28 am
normalthings wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:52 am
I think they’re referring to the FLW deigned Community Christian Church light beam, not a sign. Here’s pictures of the building for reference

They just recently turned it back on. Could be a lot of reasons for its dimming. Dirty lens, heat issues, complaints from nearby residents.

I assume they switched to LED's and it was possible much brighter than it ever was originally.
Major KC Fan
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Major KC Fan »

Could be because it’s the peak of the fall bird migration & they don’t want to confuse the birds. Major problems with birds striking high rises at this time.
msmith011
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by msmith011 »

I saw that Macerich uploaded a "Country Club Plaza Leasing Book" online last week that includes lots of demographic info and other stats about the Plaza and overall KC market for luxury retail. What's especially interesting is that it specifically calls out Louis Vuitton on several pages and cites the demand for it's products, how KC stacks up against other markets that offer LV, and more. Clearly this book was tailored to them and further confirms the Plaza's desire to lure them in.
https://issuu.com/macerich1/docs/mac-09 ... _leasing-4
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Amazing how much LV sells in Nashville.