Broadway

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
nickyrosstheboss
Pad site
Pad site

Re: Broadway

Post by nickyrosstheboss »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:52 am
kcjak wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:50 am DLS Tire at 3744 Broadway is closing (or closed). Friends of mine who have a neighboring business inquired about buying it - apparently the property was snatched up as soon as it was listed.
I hope my dream of the Plasma Center closing will come true one of these days. If the Plasma Center is gone that Section of Broadway transforms overnight and a lot of the crime goes away
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

I heard the plasma center was going to be replaced by a Crabs and Hukkah-themed mega check cashing mart. May sell CBD as well.
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

Well we did ask for more mixed use...
gfenn11
New York Life
New York Life

Post by gfenn11 »

Here's public works newest invention- the reusable crosswalk timer! For use when those troublesome trucks keep knocking your expensive poles over. Simple fix- put a tire on the bottom to just role it back upright!

moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

What's going on with the old curved front pharmacy at SE corner B'way and Armour? Gutted and facade removed.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

moderne wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:19 pm What's going on with the old curved front pharmacy at SE corner B'way and Armour? Gutted and facade removed.
Someone around here said that Broadway Butcher could be moving into there - With the building Broadway Butcher is in being demo'd for a surface lot.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

WSPanic wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:06 pm
moderne wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:19 pm What's going on with the old curved front pharmacy at SE corner B'way and Armour? Gutted and facade removed.
Someone around here said that Broadway Butcher could be moving into there - With the building Broadway Butcher is in being demo'd for a surface lot.
Nope, I said that BB is rumored to go into the building directly north of their current with Gomers tearing down current BB building for parking. No idea on the old Soli building on Armour.
tskev
Ambassador

Post by tskev »

The old Soli building at 3509 Broadway is getting a new facade and being white-boxed. It's owned by KC Life and they are actively marketing it for lease, but no tenants have been secured as of yet.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

beautyfromashes wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:07 pm
WSPanic wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:06 pm
Nope, I said that BB is rumored to go into the building directly north of their current with Gomers tearing down current BB building for parking. No idea on the old Soli building on Armour.
Sorry. Misread that.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

WSPanic wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:03 pm Sorry. Misread that.
I think a couple of people were confused because I wrote it terribly.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Hit Gomer's yesterday and asked about Broadway Butcher Shop building. No plans to tear down. And if I heard right they bought building next to it and remodeled. At least according to manager. Was in a rush, didn't delve into asking if butcher shop was moving but seemed not the case, wasn't clear.
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

It looks like the building to the north of Broadway Butcher has applied for a medical marijuana dispensary permit. It doesn't appear that Broadway Butcher would be moving there.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

KCtoBrooklyn wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:26 pm It looks like the building to the north of Broadway Butcher has applied for a medical marijuana dispensary permit. It doesn't appear that Broadway Butcher would be moving there.
Couldn't all of these places just be applying as a specualtion move and nothing really concrete?
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

Well, since the state hasn't granted any licenses yet (AFAIK), it is all speculative. However, the cost of the application with the state is fairly hefty, so I don't think people would be doing that on a speculative whim.

I assume the permit application with the city is much cheaper and easier. Could people be applying for city permits and not the state license? Possibly, but I would be surprised if there were many instances of that (or if the city would even entertain a permit if you haven't applied for the license).
tskev
Ambassador

Post by tskev »

KCtoBrooklyn wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:00 pm Well, since the state hasn't granted any licenses yet (AFAIK), it is all speculative. However, the cost of the application with the state is fairly hefty, so I don't think people would be doing that on a speculative whim.

I assume the permit application with the city is much cheaper and easier. Could people be applying for city permits and not the state license? Possibly, but I would be surprised if there were many instances of that (or if the city would even entertain a permit if you haven't applied for the license).
The state applications were due around August 17th. The applicants won't know if they have a license until the end of December. It's a pretty risky gamble. So there is still a good chance the location here will be denied and something else will go in there instead.
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

tskev wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:27 pm [The state applications were due around August 17th. The applicants won't know if they have a license until the end of December. It's a pretty risky gamble. So there is still a good chance the location here will be denied and something else will go in there instead.
2100 license applications were submitted, only up to 348 are expected to be approved. Of those, 198 will be dispensaries and the rest will be production/processing facilities. So, as you said, the odds are very much against any particular license getting approved.
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

And btw, this is only Round 1 of applications. its not like there won't be subsequent rounds.
tskev
Ambassador

Post by tskev »

scooterj wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:59 pm 2100 license applications were submitted, only up to 348 are expected to be approved. Of those, 198 will be dispensaries and the rest will be production/processing facilities. So, as you said, the odds are very much against any particular license getting approved.
And those numbers are for across the state, correct? I thought I heard KCMO was only slated to get about 20-30 of the 198 dispensaries. Though I could be wrong...
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

The law is written that there are to be a minimum of 24 dispensaries per congressional district. There are 3 districts in the metro, so there could potentially be 72 in the area, but KC south of the river would likely be restricted to 24 (and would probably receive less).

The law only dictates the minimum number and not the maximum, however the state has said they will only be giving out the minimum number at this time. Maybe that could change down the road.

And while it seems clear that the intention of basing the number of licenses on congressional district was to ensure that dispensaries would be evenly spread across districts, the wording seems ambiguous and I think an arguement could be made that it only dictates the total number of licenses in the state and not that each and every district have 24. I would think the state would try to give 24 to each, but there could be a potential for some districts to get more and others less.
tskev
Ambassador

Post by tskev »

Ah ok, thank you for the clarification!