Martini Corner near 31st/Gilham

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
WSPanic
Supporter

Re: Martini Corner near 31st/Gilham

Post by WSPanic »

beautyfromashes wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 3:22 pm Burgers, craft beer, reclaimed barn wood and a garage door. Going for the millennial grand slam.
I'll eat my own foot if there's no Edison lights in that place.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 1:23 pm Does anyone know if the Bonds Chicken and Blues place is any good, they don't seem to do a great job on marketing, i can't find a menu online or any reviews
Yelp has a picture of their soft opening menu.

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/bonds-c ... 6FNizOvlbw
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

Artisan Burger would be a good name for a punk band.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

That is such a risky location for a burger place. I hope it does well. The owner seems like a good guy who knows what he is doing
chingon
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chingon »

taxi wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:27 am Artisan Burger would be a good name for a punk band.
Artisan Booger would be better.
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

So true, why didn't I think of that?
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

New Brewer’s Kitchen Blends Craft Beers and Burgers

Chris Riggins wants his new Brewer’s Kitchen scheduled to open June 15 at 3107 Gillham Rd. to be the hangout for the growing greater downtown neighborhood around him that includes Union Hill and Beacon Hill.
His place also is situated in a thriving little vintage commercial strip along Gillham Road, not to be confused with nearby Gillham Plaza, that includes Urban Mining and Populuxe. You can’t miss it, the front of Brewer’s Kitchen is all glass with roll up doors as well.

https://cityscenekc.com/new-brewers-kit ... d-burgers/
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I hope Brewers Kitchen can survive, the place (KimChee?) before it lasted like a month. People are so crazy about parking here, they need to tell people where to park.

That Bonds Chicken and Blues place looks like it will fail soon, it looked empty at 7:30 yesterday- The place doesn't seem like they did a lot of marketing or research and it's odd you would think they would have done something since the owner Titus Bond works for Axiom Strategies, the company that did Ted Cruz's campaign
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Checked out Brewers Kitchen tonight, phenomenal burger might be the best in the city and the side of fried brussel sprouts was orgasmic. Everything is marinated in beer and it was great. The location is tough and price is high but it's amazing and hope they can make it.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

Even though Brewer's Kitchen is not open yet they seem to be doing a good business. Burgers are $13.50, $3.00 more for bison. Also have grilled chicken. Comes with choice of 2 sauces, cheese and toppings. Included sides are fries, Mac& Cheese, Fried Brussel Sprouts or Salad. One of us got the fries and the other the Sprouts and it was more than plenty of food. Young friendly owner and they still need to find a solution to the evening sun blinding in. Don't know how often I go out specifically for a burger and cannot comment on the brews as am not a beer drinker. Lots of street parking EXCEPT when there is an event at the El Torreon.
BTW, some people from the West Side of Union Hill were raving about that chicken place comparing it to Strouds.

I
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

moderne wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:55 pm BTW, some people from the West Side of Union Hill were raving about that chicken place comparing it to Strouds.
Stroud's is crap. Not sure that's a compliment.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

Maybe so, they were calling it "greasy decadence."
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

The Velvet Freeze and adjacent lot look like shit. As bad as anything in the worst part of town. Graffiti covered and overgrown with weeds. They were cited months ago and nothing happens.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

moderne wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:04 pm The Velvet Freeze and adjacent lot look like shit. As bad as anything in the worst part of town. Graffiti covered and overgrown with weeds. They were cited months ago and nothing happens.
Keep calling 311. Eventually they'll get fined enough or hauled into court to precipitate action.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

DaveKCMO wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:23 pm
moderne wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:04 pm The Velvet Freeze and adjacent lot look like shit. As bad as anything in the worst part of town. Graffiti covered and overgrown with weeds. They were cited months ago and nothing happens.
Keep calling 311. Eventually they'll get fined enough or hauled into court to precipitate action.
Does Slawson own these?
KCDowntown
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCDowntown »

Permit pending for the renovation of 325 E 31st. How extensive it will be or any prospective tenants are unknown... I would love to see what is underneath all that metal paneling.

Streetview

KCDowntown
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

325 E. 31st Street used to have the address 3100 Oak Street.

KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

KCDowntown wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:43 am Permit pending for the renovation of 325 E 31st. How extensive it will be or any prospective tenants are unknown...
Compass shows a project title of "Velvet Dog Mixed Use Building Shell". Very interesting. I have no idea if it is the same people bringing back the Velvet Dog, or just a reuse of the name.

Also, the permits are valued at $690k, so it looks to be a fairly extensive renovation for just the shell.

The owners of this building also own the large vacant lot to the south. If they are indeed mixed-use developers, hopefully we will see something proposed for this lot.

I'm glad to see something happening here. This building has been ripe for redevelopment for a long time. I hope this can breath a little life back in the area and some other developers get going on their projects (*cough* *cough* Epoch).
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

There's a .00001% chance that Vitrolite glass sign survived intact... but if it did you'd have to keep that, right?

Edit: "have to", as in "should, not "required to".
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

Maybe there's some Vitrolite in the interior. Vitrolite restroom would be cool.